Injured guard suing FEDEX

Probably not going to go anywhere, but it's going to generate a lot of attention.
Sounds more like a workers comp case than anything else right now.
It will be interesting read the complaint if it becomes available.

Private property laws will be the death of this case.
They may just throw him some shut up and go away money

He's been out of work and had to be rushed back to the hospital just a few weeks ago where he ended up being placed in a coma. She's missed a ton of work as well and they burned through their savings quick.
They were talking about this on the radio this morning. He's had over 40 surgeries, can't work and has been DENIED DISABILITY.

That's the part that gets me. You've got all these people with "hurt backs" gaming the hell out of disability and getting a check every month, but this guy, who was SHOT and can no longer work has been DENIED.

He's been out of work and had to be rushed back to the hospital just a few weeks ago where he ended up being placed in a coma. She's missed a ton of work as well and they burned through their savings quick.
Ok i just read the complications

Ya dude has had dozens if surgeries, yuck

They may just throw him some shut up and go away money

99.999999% chance this will settle out of court.
I don't care how much he gets, it will never be enough to compensate him or his family for what's happened.

He was injured at work and that's as far as this will go. Proving his employer was negligent in this case has about the same chance as proving their negligence for failure to provide a falling satellite proof guard shack. C'mon now shouldn't they be required to have a falling satellite proof guard shack??..

Although as a "guard" charged with limiting access to the property he was grossly unprepared due to what may be viewed as negligence. I used "guard" because it may come down to the definition of his job title and duties. A clipboard jockey who's purpose is to document entrance to the facility is different than someone who's job is to limit access.

99.999999% chance this will settle out of court.
I don't care how much he gets, it will never be enough to compensate him or his family for what's happened.

He was injured at work and that's as far as this will go. Proving his employer was negligent in this case has about the same chance as proving their negligence for failure to provide a falling satellite proof guard shack. C'mon now shouldn't they be required to have a falling satellite proof guard shack??..

Although as a "guard" charged with limiting access to the property he was grossly unprepared due to what may be viewed as negligence. I used "guard" because it may come down to the definition of his job title and duties. A clipboard jockey who's purpose is to document entrance to the facility is different than someone who's job is to limit access.
Agreed

Sucks he was injured but i dont see how fedex can be held liable really

The problem that I see is that these businesses decided that a lawsuit like this is winnable and if they allowed their employees to carry and defend themselves and someone shoots up the place, that lawsuit is not winnable. None of these employers give a **** about their employees. It's about saving money. I understand it, but I wont work for a place that will dictate what I can or cannot have in my vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom