• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Insomnia cures?

So when did this change take place?
I’ve been working on this since I first made this post. Most of these things I already knew- just applying them to my life more specifically. For example I’ve always been very religious, I’m just learning to apply more faith to my own personal concerns. I clearly don’t have all of the answers, but this path I am on is really making my life better. All of these changes are not happening over night, it’s been a slow process of trial and error and learning to be more intentional with every choice and every decision.

I’ve been working on this since I first made this post. Most of these things I already knew- just applying them to my life more specifically. For example I’ve always been very religious, I’m just learning to apply more faith to my own personal concerns. I clearly don’t have all of the answers, but this path I am on is really making my life better. All of these changes are not happening over night, it’s been a slow process of trial and error and learning to be more intentional with every choice and every decision.
7 mos is amazing when it comes to matters of anxiety. It took me 5 years and I'm sure'nuff thankful that our Lord carried me the whole way.

update: December 2021:

This thread has put me on a journey to solve this problem that has bothered me for most of my adult life. I have struggled with sleep for a long time. I was desperate to find answers.

I spent considerable time in prayer and fasting, I met with my Bishop at Church and talked to my wife and doctor. My solutions may not work for everyone but I have found great peace and help.

I failed to sleep due to worry, stress and a racing mind. After a few hours of sleep I would wake up and think about things I have done, not done or needed to do. My mind would race and I could not get back to sleep.

My prayers, my wife and my Bishop helped me find peace through my Savior Jesus Christ.

My Doctor helped me understand I had a mild form of OCD. That made me fixate and obsess overly things I could not change. A mild medication taken every night has helped.

I’ve switched to a plant based diet- not vegetarian or vegan. I try and get most of my calories every day from whole grains, beans and vegetables. I still eat eggs fish and dairy products regularly. I eat chicken occasionally and I eat beef and pork rarely.

I am changing my workouts from mostly weight lifting to include more cardio.

I have been open and honest with my wife about the things that worry me the most.

For the very first time in 30 years I am sleeping well, very well, sometimes too much. These changes have been nothing short of life changing for me. I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for my wife and modern medicine.

I will update more as I progress on this road. I am still learning my way through this new lifestyle.
I sincerely wish you the best of luck. If you've never dealt with real insomnia than you have no idea the toll it takes on your mind and body and if you can find lasting relief then consider yourself blessed.

Merry Christmas to all my insomniac buds ! Roll call - who is around ?

Screenshot_20211216-021923_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom