• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Insomnia cures?

So awful insomnia in the spring. Started taking a melatonin gummy two hours before bedtime. That helped for a while. Then I started waking up it seemed every 1-2 hours and struggling to fall right back asleep. Now I started taking melatonin that dissolves under my tongue right at bedtime. Now only waking up usually 1 or 2 times a night. I’ve also experienced this weird phenomenon many times where I’m asleep but my brain is awake so I’m sort of cognizant of being in my bed. It’s like I’m awake but I’m asleep. I had sleep paralysis in my early 20s (Now 44) that freaked me out, but I think this is sort of the same thing but I don’t get freaked out by it anymore. Sorry that was a bunch of rambling, hope it made sense.

So awful insomnia in the spring. Started taking a melatonin gummy two hours before bedtime. That helped for a while. Then I started waking up it seemed every 1-2 hours and struggling to fall right back asleep. Now I started taking melatonin that dissolves under my tongue right at bedtime. Now only waking up usually 1 or 2 times a night. I’ve also experienced this weird phenomenon many times where I’m asleep but my brain is awake so I’m sort of cognizant of being in my bed. It’s like I’m awake but I’m asleep. I had sleep paralysis in my early 20s (Now 44) that freaked me out, but I think this is sort of the same thing but I don’t get freaked out by it anymore. Sorry that was a bunch of rambling, hope it made sense.
I don't know if there's a name for it but that's the way I sleep when I do. I've had problems sleeping for as long as I can remember and now as a full time caregiver that works in my favor.
I'm always half awake and alert to any changes. I guess you could say I've been training for this my whole life. I'm the right person in the right place at the right time.
I'll have eternity to rest later on...I hope.

Sleeping fine last night until I realized.... the three elf looking creatures in the yard that were about to get sniped were the three I had put there earlier. Wife wanted inflatables in the yard for Christmas so I obliged. Won't happen again.

I screwed up and took a couple of muscle relaxers today when I got back from the grocery store. Then when I came to our senses I realized that just slept 4 hours. So I won't get much sleep tonight before 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning anyway.

Back
Top Bottom