• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting day in the woods..

GlockDawg

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Assault Wookie
29   0
Reaction score
Got to my spot without problem. Settled in and took a few puffs on my vape in melon flavor. 5 minutes later I hear leaves and twigs moving on my 10 getting louder and louder and I see a greyish critter coming right at me.

First thing I think is possum so I try to get its attention and when I do it stops for a sec and begins to move closer still. I bring my X bow up cause I start to think rabies lol. Then I think rabid racoon an I'm like aw **** no and switch my headlamp on ready to shoot.
20180920_065949.jpg

Nope!! Just the a curious little armadillo, probably smelled my vape and came a running. This is the only one I have seen alive so it was quite a surprise! I only see them down SW GA on the highway sadly. Couple of ex coworkers hunt these and say they taste like pork.

Saw my mama doe and her fawn again, I haven't seen her since last week. It looks like the area I'm posted up has about 3 deer that are frequent here. No sign of bucks anywhere, so I'm thinking of moving to a different spot for now.

On my way out I found something else and I hope I never this one see again.
20180920_105824.jpg

Never seen one of these In the woods thank god. This is the second time I seen one cross over this part of the road. I'm thinking snake boots for Christmas.

Timber Rattler?

Got to my spot without problem. Settled in and took a few puffs on my vape in melon flavor. 5 minutes later I hear leaves and twigs moving on my 10 getting louder and louder and I see a greyish critter coming right at me.

First thing I think is possum so I try to get its attention and when I do it stops for a sec and begins to move closer still. I bring my X bow up cause I start to think rabies lol. Then I think rabid racoon an I'm like aw **** no and switch my headlamp on ready to shoot.
View attachment 1793082

Nope!! Just the a curious little armadillo, probably smelled my vape and came a running. This is the only one I have seen alive so it was quite a surprise! I only see them down SW GA on the highway sadly. Couple of ex coworkers hunt these and say they taste like pork.

Saw my mama doe and her fawn again, I haven't seen her since last week. It looks like the area I'm posted up has about 3 deer that are frequent here. No sign of bucks anywhere, so I'm thinking of moving to a different spot for now.

View attachment 1793096

Never seen one of these In the woods thank god. This is the second time I seen one cross over this part of the road. I'm thinking snake boots for Christmas.

Timber Rattler?
Yep Timber rattler. I use to have 2 as pets.

View attachment 1793082

View attachment 1793096

Timber Rattler?
Yes, timber rattler

Back
Top Bottom