• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Investment Discussions for the FUTURE (Including EV). NSFB

173   0
Reaction score
******WARNING****** NSFB!!! NOT SAFE FOR BOOMERS**************

Starting a new discussion board on Investment talks that will drive the future. Tired of the trolling going on so if investments is your interest, here is my thread. This includes EV, AI and Self Drving. I would just advise you to IGNORE the boomers. They can't properly comment what they dont understand.

TAANG+M: Here are my recommendations. It all comes down to these stocks
Tesla
Apple
Amazon
Nvidia
Google
+
Microsoft

AI will require more than just chips...
I would highly recommend at stocks that will use more and more computing software
1) Google
2) MSOFT
3) Tesla

Apple has literally thrown in the towels on two fronts:
1) AI chatbots. They have given into Gemini usage, which is owned by google
2) Self driving: Yes you heard it right. You need AI and machine learning, which is heavily favored and worked on by TESLA. If Apple truly pulled out of the robotaxi and self driving and cars altogether, this leaves TSLA as the only company ahead of its peers. A couple of years back, TESLA moved away from NVDA and started to make their own chips

Google's largest threat is AI. it's fair to say Google is the goto for search on the internet. Aside from the obvious, Google biggest threat is the fact that people stop using google search if they can just ask SIRI, Alexa, Chat GPT and AI for all things internet related. So they have vested interest in acquiring companies that are in the AI space and hiring the talent away to keep the threat at bay. So buy google while it is relatively cheap compared to its peers

MSFT offers suite of softwares that bridges into AI. For this reason, MSFT is a buy. It's clear MSFT owns the largest share of corporate america with it's softwares all loaded in user's hands. Outlook, word, excel, powerpoint, access, sharepoint, MS Teams. This is literally a monopoly. So I highly recommend you add MSFT to your holdings as no one will knock them off the pedestal

AMZN...They rule as we no longer can live without them. Amazon prime, prime movies, free shipping, cloud computing, storage and amzn web services. You gotta lock this in for the long term.

This is where I would park all my monies for the next foreseeable 20 to 30 years. A timeline that doesnt fit the boomer's threshold nor understand

And YES!!!! The Truck is THAT good. If you didnt get in one and drive one, I dont wanna hear about how terrible it is from those who havent been in one...have you ever considered the fact that you were never part of TESLA's marketshare?

Attachments

• New Truck.jpg
    New Truck.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 98
  • CT delivery day.jpg
    CT delivery day.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0629.PNG
    IMG_0629.PNG
    203.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2911.PNG
    IMG_2911.PNG
    173.7 KB · Views: 27
No doubt, our government is printing money like crazy. The slippery slope is getting steeper. We are quickly headed down the road toward hyperinflation. Not having your money invested in ownership of an asset that will maintain its value, is a very bad idea.

To quote a recent post: measuring the value in dollars is like using a measuring tape printed on a rubber band.

A freind recently proudly said his current home is worth 25% more than when he bought it 3 years ago. The reality is our currency has devalued by so much that it takes 25% more of our worthless dollars to buy the same house.

That my freind is INFLATION!

Ur confusing two distinct issues.

Inflation is a problem. No one doubts it. At the same time, ur not at the control panel for inflation. Meaning u can't change it.

Investments...nothing to do with inflation. If you buy stock in apple, as inflation goes up, so will their earnings proportionally. Yet, they find ways to keep expense below inflation by off shoring in Southeast Asia. So profit goes up!!! Driving stock prices

The point being ..if u know something like inflation is happening, the best thing is to hold less cash and more assets like real estate or stocks

These tend to move with inflation, as opposed to the value of cash Dollar.

Don't complain about it...do something about it

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Great write up. I agree with the AI side, get in while you can or miss out. It's the future. Wish I would have bought more in to NVidia and Tesla back in the cheaper days as well. And yeah Amazon is just a monster, no denying how much people depend on it.

I agree with your assessment on AI and my portfolio includes all those companies, plus META which has doubled in two years and almost tripled in the last five. They will no doubt benefit from AI tech across all their platforms.

For those that don't want to pick individual stocks, I would suggest you buy index funds like VGT and QQQM, which both include these same companies as major holdings, but offer more diversification. This is the majority of my orphaned 401ks that I haven't transferred and where I can't pick individual stocks.

Where I disagree with you is on that fugly-ass space-aged el camino monstrosity. Once all the influencers have their 15 minutes of showing it off on social media, then the affluent me-toos and enthusiasts have at it, I can't imagine these will sell in significant numbers. Not enough to move the stock, anyhow.

But that's my speculation. I wouldn't bet against Tesla as a whole, though, and I'm adding more to the portfolio now that it's down 40%. They still have the biggest advantage out of all EVs - the charging network. If there is a last man standing in the EV world, it will undoubtedly be Tesla.

Back
Top Bottom