• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is 9mm range ammo now $.40 a round?

I haven't bought any ammo for awhile and really don't need any but got an email from gun broker about ammo prices. Looked around and it's gone crazy. It looks like Gunbroker average price is around.40 a round with shipping. Seems like it was in the .22-25 range last time I looked. I'm sure there are dealers selling it for a non-inflated price but am glad I've put some back for a rainy day. I wonder what it's going to be selling for when Sleepy Joe and Stacy get elected (heaven forbid).
Just curious why you say they’ll be elected

It'll take a while this time.

Assuming Trump wins of course, it could take a year or so for ammo to get back down to the low prices we saw over the last few years.

In 2016 everyone had ramped up in anticipation of a huge rush after Hillary won, and got stuck with inventory sitting on the shelves. And of course everyone thought they had plenty of time to stockpile until the 2020 election, so ammo just sat there.

That's why before all this COVID stuff hit, 9mm was about $8 a box and ammo makers were offering rebates on 223.

This time around we have a double whammy, with COVID stripping the shelves and then a long Summer of fake 'polls' telling everyone that Biden will win in November to drive up demand.

That'll keep the ammo makers running at capacity through the election at least, and assuming Trump wins, they will need at least 6 months after that just to refill the supply chain.

After all that, you *might* start seeing some deals, but my guess is Summer 2021 before we see cheap and plentiful ammo again.

Hope everyone bought what they need for the next year or so...

You guys a missing the bigger issue. As a manufacturer of ammunition I can not buy any components to manufacture 9mm, 45, 300 or 5.56. Besides the run on demand, there are component sources in Europe that are are drying up too. By now we usually have an idea what will be delivered next year but so far the amount available is very low.

∆∆∆∆∆THIS∆∆∆∆∆∆

Small pistol primers have been scarce for months. 9mm projectiles are out of stock frequently (online). It's been challenging keeping up a 2,000 Rd monthly pistol practice routine. .223 projectiles and primers should see some shortages too.

Back
Top Bottom