• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is 9mm range ammo now $.40 a round?

∆∆∆∆∆THIS∆∆∆∆∆∆

Small pistol primers have been scarce for months. 9mm projectiles are out of stock frequently (online). It's been challenging keeping up a 2,000 Rd monthly pistol practice routine. .223 projectiles and primers should see some shortages too.

Primers are the Achilles heel of shooters.

Hope and pray that the gun control crowd never figures out that it could ban or restrict the sale of primers. and they don't have to worry about high cap mags, or ammo checks, or test rounds.

Doesn't matter how many primers you have laid by, if you use them, they are gone forever in a controlled market. If you keep them in the closet forever, will suit the gun control folks fine.

You guys a missing the bigger issue. As a manufacturer of ammunition I can not buy any components to manufacture 9mm, 45, 300 or 5.56. Besides the run on demand, there are component sources in Europe that are are drying up too. By now we usually have an idea what will be delivered next year but so far the amount available is very low.

Good point. At least after Sandy Hook it was simply a supply and demand issue with some politics thrown in. In this case we have plant shutdowns and slowdowns adding to the mix as well.

That's why I'm thinking at least a year of shortages assuming no more political hiccups.

∆∆∆∆∆THIS∆∆∆∆∆∆

Small pistol primers have been scarce for months. 9mm projectiles are out of stock frequently (online). It's been challenging keeping up a 2,000 Rd monthly pistol practice routine. .223 projectiles and primers should see some shortages too.

It doesn't sound like you need it but holler at me if you run short, specifically on primers.

∆∆∆∆∆THIS∆∆∆∆∆∆

2,000 rounds a month? Pshh rookie numbers./s Totally joking lol

Too much time in Greenville. I need to join a club up there as soon as they start taking apps again. (Covid closures)

Who knows how long COVID is going to keep things like this. This is definitely going to make businesses operate differently moving forward. I’m still waiting on my favorite shooting range to rebuild their range after it was burned down.

Back
Top Bottom