• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is American Classic any good?

Daneabe

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
59   0
Reaction score
I was online looking at the American Classic Amigo in Two tone. A very nice looking gun. I especially like it because of the 3.6 inch barrel. I usually carry a commander sized 1911 but was thinking of getting something easier to conceal but the Officer model at 3 inch is just a little small. Any thoughts?
aca45dt_americanclassicamigo45-duotone_7_left_2.jpg

Wish they would not have called it an Amigo, but in my experience, Metro Arms make excellent 1911's for the money. I would put them above Rock Island for sure.
Thanks, that's good to know. I was looking at Rock Island as well. I wish more manufacturers would make 1911 in the 3 1/2 inch range.

Love my Rock Islands and Citadel, both 9mm and 45acp. I own 9 1911 type hand guns so I do have some 1st hand knowledge. Don't over look them in your search.

I like Citadel better than either Rock or Metro personally, I just find the fit and finish/detail work a bit better.
all are very functional weapons however.
I just wonder if you have really thought out how much 3/4 inch in barrel length is going to offer?
and of course likely less capacity.
I have a the commander, Officers and Defender size 1911 and honestly not a lot of difference.
Now if you want difference then look at a alloy framed commander, officers model, thats a nice weight savings.
lots of different manufactures calling guns lots of different names, typically a commander is a 4.25 barrel, a officers is a 3.5 barrel , a defender is a 3.25 barrel.

Last edited:
I had a American Classic II commander, without a doubt it was a fine weapon. Fit and finish was excellent. Would eat any ammo I could feed it. That said I have never messed with the amigo. I would love to give one a test drive though.

I like Citadel better than either Rock or Metro personally, I just find the fit and finish/detail work a bit better.
all are very functional weapons however.
I just wonder if you have really thought out how much 3/4 inch in barrel length is going to offer?
and of course likely less capacity.
I have a the commander, Officers and Defender size 1911 and honestly not a lot of difference.
Now if you want difference then look at a alloy framed commander, officers model, thats a nice weight savings.
lots of different manufactures calling guns lots of different names, typically a commander is a 4.25 barrel, a officers is a 3.5 barrel , a defender is a 3.25 barrel.

Thanks for your input. This simply a conceal-ability issue. I have always had multiple guns to wear in different weather conditions and the type of public gathering I'm at. Being a large man has it's advantages and disadvantages. Being comfortable and still have solid fire power is important. I currently carry a Kimber Crimson Pro Carry with the aluminum frame. A fantastic gun. I'm just looking to switch out what I carry depending on my circumstance. I'm just like my wife, "what to wear? What to wear?".

I currently carry a hard chrome Amigo....It's a good size, and a nice piece for the money. Mine has been upgraded quite a bit, but none of it was out of necessity, just personal choice. I also have the Dan Wesson ECO, which is almost Identical in size, but too damn expensive to carry....

Back
Top Bottom