• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is anybody ready for this weekend

I may be the only one here that really doesent look forward to rifle season...lol.
I have too much fun with my ambush archery hunts with hardly any other hunters in the woods....although just to play fair I got my hands on that Browning 300 win mag and dialed it in a few weeks ago .
It’s a sweet shooter too....after a quick bore sight I was on the bullseye in two shots then kissed three at 100 yards with 150 grain Hornady’s.
Yeah I love archery but nothing worse than taking archery equipment to a wma during rifle when a monster buck or black bear presents itself but at too far a distance for an ethical archery shot.
Got burned a few times doing this plus I’m excited to see what the win mag can do.
I talked to my father in law ....he’s got the same rifle and recommended this ammo.
Said it always drops them where they stand and doesent blow craters in them like the hot rounds will.
Unfortunately I can only shoot does from this point forward......and bears.
Tagged out before rifle season ! Impressive

I may be the only one here that really doesent look forward to rifle season...lol.
I have too much fun with my ambush archery hunts with hardly any other hunters in the woods....although just to play fair I got my hands on that Browning 300 win mag and dialed it in a few weeks ago .
It’s a sweet shooter too....after a quick bore sight I was on the bullseye in two shots then kissed three at 100 yards with 150 grain Hornady’s.
Yeah I love archery but nothing worse than taking archery equipment to a wma during rifle when a monster buck or black bear presents itself but at too far a distance for an ethical archery shot.
Got burned a few times doing this plus I’m excited to see what the win mag can do.
I talked to my father in law ....he’s got the same rifle and recommended this ammo.
Said it always drops them where they stand and doesent blow craters in them like the hot rounds will.
Unfortunately I can only shoot does from this point forward......and bears.

I used to be the same way as you, exactly, but logistics and very limited time has minimized my deer woods time. And practically killed my bowhunting altogether. In a couple more years I will be back to my regularly scheduled hunting time...hopefully!

I used to be the same way as you, exactly, but logistics and very limited time has minimized my deer woods time. And practically killed my bowhunting altogether. In a couple more years I will be back to my regularly scheduled hunting time...hopefully!
What county was that one in, in your pic

Gear is already at property and just need to get my gun and can and out the door I go. I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday this week, so planning on taking advantage of it.

What county was that one in, in your pic

Marion county. 11/14 last year.

DSC01865.JPG

My brother and I just watched a pretty nice 8 pointer cross the field about 70-80 yards away. My brother had his smoke pole in hand, but let him walk. He was a beautiful deer but he needs another year. They are just now starting to move good in our neck of the woods. Like clockwork every year. We killed (3) 10 pointers from this same spot last year, and could have killed more. It's a honeyhole.

Back
Top Bottom