• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is anyone on here experiencing shortages at your local grocery stores? Where are you located?

Walmart in Douglasville has been out of tomato juice for over a month now (both jugs and cans and no individual cans). They are also mostly out of Sunny D. They had a few jugs when I was there Friday. I bought the only 2 intact ones. The others had the plastic tops smashed in or were dented really badly. I doubt anyone will buy them. They also have no sausage biscuits (I like them for breakfast some time). A lot of the frozen stuff had big gaps. We like to drink Dr. Thunder and Sam's Cola since they are usually .59 to .79 for a 2 liter bottle. They had none of either on the shelves but you could buy Dr. Pepper or Coke for $1.48 for 2 liters.

They did have a lot of Valentine candy and cards. I guess they opted to take the truck of that instead of food.

They had 1 box of 12 gauge shotgun shells. For the longest time they had 2 boxes of 28 gauge on the shelf but I can't use them.

Saint Simons and Brunswick stores continue to have spot outages on various items, Harris Teeter has discontinued weekend special discount ads.
But the weekly price increases are what’s killing us. Don’t know how Joe & Company can tout 7% inflation, when some items are up 30-40% in the last 6 months.
LETS GO BRANDON
You need to git dat EBT!

I manage an independent store. We have seen shortages, but for the most part we have been able to maintain a good variety. I've had a lot of customers in the last year and a half tell me that our small store is better stocked than Walmart or Ingles.

Some of the shortages haven't been due to companies not having the product, it has been labor or supply shortages. We were unable to get Capri sun's for the longest, it wasn't a shortage on the drink but rather they could not get the straws or foil packs.

We will see some major fallout down the road I'm afraid. Mainstream brands that are trying to hold on will be too affected long term.

Dont let the empty shelves make you too worried. IMO they are rolling shortages not permanent ones. It does suck but its a sign of the times.

Smyrna publix short list
-paper products
-chicken
-cereal and processes oat junk
-aluminum foil low but not gone

Back
Top Bottom