• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

is Armalite doing enough?

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
It was rumored that Armalite will continue to sell to law enforcement in areas such as NY, here is there response, its kind of wishy-washy.

ArmaLite is continuing a policy put into place when California first banned our rifles. That policy remains:

1. We will not sell to those states which deny it's honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite's.

2. We do not halt sales to individual officers even in problematic states. I am a former Police Officer myself, and the staffer who stimulated the recent anger is a currently serving one. We are well familiar with the fact that most rifles serving Police Officers are purchased by the officers themselves, and that they shouldn't be punished for the actions of their political elite.

We consider sales to those sate subdivisions which are not engaged or potentially engaged with disarming its citizens. DNR and Forestry Departments, for instance, sometimes serve in remote areas that conceal drug farms and their officers deserve good hardware.

3. We will not sell to those lower political subdivisions that deny their honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite's. Chicago, for instance, prohibits its citizens from owning ArmaLite's within the city limits so we make no effort to sell into that city. We have many friends on the Chicago Police Department and have continued to sell to them individually.

Our observation is that most County Sheriffs disagree with banning sales of our rifles and many publicly refuse to enforce such laws. We sell to those departments and to their Deputies, but will not sell to those County departments headed by Sheriffs who would deny their citizens the same rights.

in short, Americans need not worry that ArmaLite is selling to those who betray them.

As you can see by reading posts on the topic, some readers have been harsh with their criticism of ArmaLite. It was in response to this atmosphere that my staffer reacted harshly. He's come to me and apologized and I personally am passing my own apology along with his.

But don't be mistaken, ArmaLite is strongly involved with both personal, corporate, and political efforts at the State, National, and International level to protect our civil rights. And we'll continue to support your shooting needs as the situation moves forward.

Respectfully,
Mark Westrom
President,
ArmaLite Inc.

tough position for them to be in, but they need to stand their ground on this one. that would include sales individual officers in those states IMO. close the "its not me, its the department" loophole or their statement has no teeth.

this is their power. they need to use it with as much effectiveness as possible and make their stance crystal clear.

Officials that are elected by the people are the ones that passing these laws. The citizens of these states/cities are doing this to themselves so I do not believe that companies have a duty to stop selling in those markets where they can.

I certainly prefer that companies stop selling items to the government that citizens aren't allowed to have. I just won't hold anything against companies that don't operate that way.

Officials that are elected by the people are the ones that passing these laws. The citizens of these states/cities are doing this to themselves so I do not believe that companies have a duty to stop selling in those markets where they can.

I certainly prefer that companies stop selling items to the government that citizens aren't allowed to have. I just won't hold anything against companies that don't operate that way.

I just think companies that don't make a string statement are allowing today's profits to overcome their long term survival, and the survival of our rights. It's a we hang together, or we will surely hang separately situation.

While it may not be the fault of the officers, they will still enforce these illegal mandates. Until every officer and agency made a public statement refusing to enforce these unconstitutional laws and stand with the citizens they are supposed to protect they should not be sold a dang thing.

While it may not be the fault of the officers, they will still enforce these illegal mandates. Until every officer and agency made a public statement refusing to enforce these unconstitutional laws and stand with the citizens they are supposed to protect they should not be sold a dang thing.

:clap2: Agree 100%

Ding ding ding!

While I can understand their position on selling to officers individually, I don't support it. These officers still represent departments and governments that take away rights. Continuing to sell to officers in restricted areas perpetuates the idea that “only the police and military should have these guns."

Back
Top Bottom