• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is giveaway day done with?

Rimfire rifleman Rimfire rifleman Yea, it is nice that the community organizes that kind of thing. But that wasn't what giveaway day was about.

GAD gave vendors, small business, patrons and the rest of the site a day to promote business, get exposure, draw in new crowds (good and bad) and it give crazy classified traffic... ect.

I am not knocking m & g but that is not the same. Big odt show is cool, but that shouldn't have been a replacement for giveaway Day. Also not free, even if you're a paid supporter. GAD was free, and gave incentives for becoming a supporter. I would love to see how many accounts went supporter status on that day alone back when.

Giveaway day could be solely based on vendors and members donations and no Okuma Okuma steve money and still be great. Subscription doubled during covid and giveaway day was dropped.
Yeah I didn’t think so and i get it , not the same thing, but kinda is - after today’s M&G and scoring two giveaways as well as your post about supporters im going to immediately upgrade to supporter status so I guess it accomplishes the same thing

Yeah I didn’t think so and i get it , not the same thing, but kinda is - after today’s M&G and scoring two giveaways as well as your post about supporters im going to immediately upgrade to supporter status so I guess it accomplishes the same thing
Not even close to the same. If it was organized by odt sure. But the guys that run and organize that do it on their own time and dime.

Why would that be what makes you go supporter? You would have been better off handing 25 dollars to the ones organizing it.

Yep....zombie thread
giphy (8).gif

Id die on this hill

ODT benefits from it so that should be a good thing, as far as going to supporter I’ve been going to do it any way for a while and decidEd to go ahead hopefully that’ll be a good thing too
Read post #8 in this thread. 3+ years later and I have not changed my mind

Back
Top Bottom