• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is it just me?

Moe_Fugga

Default rank <4000 posts
Also likes turtles.
145   0
Reaction score
... or is anyone else suspicious of the new members who post “too good to be true” deals immediately upon joining? They usually have a clearly stated reason as to why the price is ridiculously cheap or they are out of state and must transfer to FFL after payment. If they can meet all I can think is “This has got to be stolen” or “Whoever buys this is gonna get mugged”.

I know of one recently who came on and another member posted that they’re money was taken and firearm wasn’t delivered. It was an out of state deal like mentioned above.

Maybe I am just paranoid, but it all makes sense to me lol :tinfoil3:

FYI, I am not ****ting on any newbs because we were all there once, but it happens a lot these days in other markets.

... or is anyone else suspicious of the new members who post “too good to be true” deals immediately upon joining? They usually have a clearly stated reason as to why the price is ridiculously cheap or they are out of state and must transfer to FFL after payment. If they can meet all I can think is “This has got to be stolen” or “Whoever buys this is gonna get mugged”.

I know of one recently who came on and another member posted that they’re money was taken and firearm wasn’t delivered. It was an out of state deal like mentioned above.

FYI, I am not ****ting on any newbs because we were all there once, but it happens a lot these days in other markets.

Some of the people no doubt just needed money and this is a great venue to sell if you dont know anyone.

That being said, unless it was some one with a lot of trades I wouldnt give money without gun in hand. And even then i dunno.

Anybody recall that $450 FN 5.7 from a few months back?

Yeah, I’d never send money for a gun to arrive later, or to someone without lots of positive feedback.

Heck, I had a guy screw me on a deal face to face....’forgot’ the holster he promised. I never got it. He got the honor of being the first neg I ever gave.

I don’t fit the new situation but I did sell a rifle the other day for much less than I originally wanted but the guy offered and I accepted

Back
Top Bottom