• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This Is Your Pilot Slurring...............................

According to an acquaintance who flew for a major US airline: in some instances the first thing a pilot would say when busted for being inebriated is, "I have a problem, I need to talk about rehab." And then the pilot union gets involved and the guy goes to rehab and keeps his job.

Don't shoot the messenger.

According to an acquaintance who flew for a major US airline: in some instances the first thing a pilot would say when busted for being inebriated is, "I have a problem, I need to talk about rehab." And then the pilot union gets involved and the guy goes to rehab and keeps his job.

Don't shoot the messenger.
When they have already failed a breathalyzer and drawn blood at the Livingston police station. It’s a little late. I worked as a aircraft mechanic for many years. Everybody knew you could get randomly selected for a whiz quiz. If you were on the job and involved in any sort of an accident or aircraft damage. Urinalysis was immediate and all parties were off work until the results come back.

The rule was any employee could play the ‘I have a problem card’ anytime up to the point where you were notified that they had been selected. Once they had been notified, too bad, so sad, too late!

If the pilot had wanted to play the ‘I have a problem card’ he could should have done it from the hotel room. The airline would have rescheduled the flight or called up a relief pilot. Once he showed up in uniform at the airport and didn’t report that he was unfit. He has already rolled the dice.

When they have already failed a breathalyzer and drawn blood at the Livingston police station. It’s a little late. I worked as a aircraft mechanic for many years. Everybody knew you could get randomly selected for a whiz quiz. If you were on the job and involved in any sort of an accident or aircraft damage. Urinalysis was immediate and all parties were off work until the results come back.

The rule was any employee could play the ‘I have a problem card’ anytime up to the point where you were notified that they had been selected. Once they had been notified, too bad, so sad, too late!

If the pilot had wanted to play the ‘I have a problem card’ he could should have done it from the hotel room. The airline would have rescheduled the flight or called up a relief pilot. Once he showed up in uniform at the airport and didn’t report that he was unfit. He has already rolled the dice.
Thank you. It never made sense otherwise

Back
Top Bottom