• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it legal for a company to require me to surrender my GA DL to gain entry?

I am an UPS system Field Engineer, so I work all over the place. Some of the buildings I go to require me to give them my GA Drivers License in order to get a badge and get access to the building. This really bothers me because I do not like handing my personal info over and hoping the security guard is honest. I have also been handed the wrong ID back several times.

I have heard that this is illegal since it is a form on bondage - any truth to that? Please provide opinions or specific references.

When the guard asks for it pull it out of your wallet and flash to him and put it in a envelope and seal it and hand it to him with your name written on the envelope.

I haven't done any legal research on this, but I think it is permissible for them to hold your drivers license while they issue you an alternate form of ID while you're on their property.

they're not forcing you to hand over your drivers license. They're proposing that as a condition for doing business with you.

If you find that condition disagreeable, tell him the deal is off.
Don't deliver that safe.
UPS guy, take your package back to the terminal.
HVAC guy, don't fix the air conditioner.
Piano guy, don't tune their piano.
Whatever you were there for, tell them that their request is unreasonable and you will not do business with them under those conditions.

Just say ......”Because Obama” and wave your hand magically though the air and watch their eyes glaze over and an orgasmic smile appear on their face while you walk away with them gazing at a wall dreamily.

Back
Top Bottom