• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is the new Executive Order an off limits topic?

According to the linked Washington Post article, it claims Obama didn't sign executive orders, he signed executive actions. Is that true? I've been hearing the media say they were Executive Orders.

Drive by media doesn't know the difference between the two. Hell, Obama may not know the difference.

I now know if you are an avid flipper of guns and keep multiple listings and demonstrate a constant pattern of such, you will be going to court. A few guns here or there like most of us, you will be just fine.

That's my feeling as well-- a pattern of activity that doesn't involve shooting or collecting the guns. I buy 'em; some I keep, some I move on for one reason or another. But yeah, there are "high speed traders" let us say on here, and they may get more scrutiny. Doesn't have any impact on most of us. Heck, they'll be buying cheap and selling high-- on neither end will I be likely to interact with them.

That's my feeling as well-- a pattern of activity that doesn't involve shooting or collecting the guns. I buy 'em; some I keep, some I move on for one reason or another. But yeah, there are "high speed traders" let us say on here, and they may get more scrutiny. Doesn't have any impact on most of us. Heck, they'll be buying cheap and selling high-- on neither end will I be likely to interact with them.

I won't reveal my source, but it might be the head of an agency that will be enforcing it in Georgia......

Drive by media doesn't know the difference between the two. Hell, Obama may not know the difference.

They did this a few years ago too. He issued 23 Executive Actions after Newtown but the media calling them "Orders" was part of the catalyst for the panic, imo.

Fear is profitable.

We The People are supposed to be the bosses of our government, not the other way around. From what I've been seeing, it seems that the majority of Americans support gun rights. The minority of liberal gun control fetishists scream loud for what they want. Why aren't we screaming louder? Maybe this executive stuff is just hot air.. for now, but I don't think it will be the last attempt to hack away at the 2A by this administration. When are we going to draw the line and say "no more!" ? The right that "shall not be infringed" has already been infringed quite a bit. I realize that most of us have jobs and families and most of the time you're just concerned with what happens in your own little bubble, but we need to start turning up the heat on our government. Contact representatives and let them know how you feel, reach out to other gun owners who may not fully know the importance of our 2A rights. The progressive left wingers want to chip away at our rights little by little so hopefully we won't notice or really care.

Are we just going to roll over and take it?

End of rant.

You would be wrong. The new policy as articulated by the POTUS will require that all firearms sales and transfers be done via an FFL that can do the mandatory paperwork and background check (but they "won't keep any records").

I don't think that's 100% clear yet. The sob broadened the definition of "engaged in business" to force previously private sales to be licensed, but that is when its a private sale combined with "when other factors are present." Thats what I'm not clear on yet. Number of guns sold doesn't matter. It could be 1 or 100, but when other factors are present it's no longer private.

But the law of who's engaged in business remains. You're either in it for profit/livelyhood or your not. Flippers beware.

Straight from the horse's mouth. ATF published this in regard to the latest EA. Looks like the ODT is safe for now (except for flipper douches).

https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download

image.png

I may have been thinking Executive Action...and saying Executive Order....I'll keep my pye hole shut until I have time to look a little deeper into it. Learning a lot from you guys....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom