• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is there a "cure" for old Toyota silver paint?

Don’t act like a poor. Scrap that puppy and buy something nice.
most people with actual money drive reliable beaters, at least until they hit their financial goals.

my buddy speced out a few BMWs right from Germany and is having Porcsh build him a street legal rocket. He rents his house and has no retirement savings. Meanwhile I'm enjoying my 10 year old, low mileage Toyota/Lexus

The clear coat on my 2002 Tundra began to fail about 10 years ago, and it got much worse than what is pictured. My solution was having the hood and roof sprayed with Line-X about a year ago... I am very happy with the results, but the hood is a little on the heavy side now.

IMG_6227.JPG
IMG_7972.1.jpg

The clear coat on my 2002 Tundra began to fail about 10 years ago, and it got much worse than what is pictured. My solution was having the hood and roof sprayed with Line-X about a year ago... I am very happy with the results, but the hood is a little on the heavy side now.

View attachment 4446688View attachment 4446690
Does the engine temp stay the same as before the Line-X? I would think the Line-X would retain heat more.

Most cars have a insulation barrier affixed to the hood to keep heat in and away from the paint. It wouldn't make that much difference since today's engines are computer controlled and are self regulating temp wise just all the other systems are.

Back
Top Bottom