• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is there a way to sell unused meat?

Shags

Default rank <2500 posts
Will Commit War Crimes for Scooby Snacks
38   0
Reaction score
Me and a buddy have some leads on a few properties needing to thin out the boar population. His last trip they downed around 30-40 boar over a couple days. We have no room for that much meat and I’d hate to leave it to rot, seems like such a waste. Any places in the south we could sell the meat directly to or have it inspected for sale?

Not sure about this but I don’t think even hunters for the hungry will take hog meat. If you are going to have that much maybe use a good meat grinder and throw all the meat through it for summer sausage and give a big stick away to folks for Christmas or something. That much would be a chore. If you get em gutted and quartered maybe let folks here know and we can help out assembly line style? Might be a fun get together. Been busy as hell lately but if I can get a date ahead of time I would try my best to make it.

I’ve always heard it’s illegal to sell wild game and processors sell their services not the meat. Like the others said, donate if possible. I’m sure some of the local fire departments or Leo would love fresh meat to grill.

Back
Top Bottom