• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is There Such A Thing As A Viable Tool For Self Defense For A Minor College Student

That and get your head out of the phone.
Fo'realdough! Situational awareness always wins. When my older daughter went to Macon College I used to drop her off. She more often than not had slippers or flip flops on. So I asked he what if she needed to run and she looked at me like I had a horn in my forehead.
But yeah get those stupid ****ing air pods out of your ears and be aware of your surroundings.

Fo'realdough! Situational awareness always wins. When my older daughter went to Macon College I used to drop her off. She more often than not had slippers or flip flops on. So I asked he what if she needed to run and she looked at me like I had a horn in my forehead.
But yeah get those stupid ****ing air pods out of your ears and be aware of your surroundings.
That more often times than not is probably better than some kind of handheld weapon. Just take yourself out of the immediate grab zone. That and be careful not to walk down dark streets by yourself and just common sense stuff. Kids and adults alike are so disconnected from what's going on around them it's scary!

That more often times than not is probably better than some kind of handheld weapon. Just take yourself out of the immediate grab zone. That and be careful not to walk down dark streets by yourself and just common sense stuff. Kids and adults alike are so disconnected from what's going on around them it's scary!
Yeah obviously. If you're actively paying attention your surroundings then you're way less likely to be a victim. But unfortunately everyone is just walking around to their own soundtrack lately.
The Kroger we have in Perry didn't start out as a Kroger and it's way too small for all the **** they stock in most Kroger stores. Anyway last Sunday I was there and this woman parked a shopping cart in the middle of an aisle with a toddler in it. Beside that was some bull**** cardboard display. And beside that was the other side of the aisle which she was blocking while looking at clearance ****. So I stood there waiting for well over a minute and she finally came back to reality and moved her cart. At that point I said " You're just in your own little world, ain't you?"
She responded by calling me an asshole. I responded with " Says the bitch blocking the WHOLE ****ing aisle! "
Point here is that most people out in public are VERY distracted to say the least.

Yeah obviously. If you're actively paying attention your surroundings then you're way less likely to be a victim. But unfortunately everyone is just walking around to their own soundtrack lately.
The Kroger we have in Perry didn't start out as a Kroger and it's way too small for all the **** they stock in most Kroger stores. Anyway last Sunday I was there and this woman parked a shopping cart in the middle of an aisle with a toddler in it. Beside that was some bull**** cardboard display. And beside that was the other side of the aisle which she was blocking while looking at clearance ****. So I stood there waiting for well over a minute and she finally came back to reality and moved her cart. At that point I said " You're just in your own little world, ain't you?"
She responded by calling me an asshole. I responded with " Says the bitch blocking the WHOLE ****ing aisle! "
Point here is that most people out in public are VERY distracted to say the least.
I took martial arts for a good long bit in school and that's one of the first thing they taught us was to avoid situations that may present a problem. Kind of like a pre self defense mechanism. I still do that without even thinking about it. Your senses will tell you there is something hinky if you'er tuned in to them.

Carabiner that you can fit your hand through doubles as brass knuckles and is extremely inconspicuous you double up with some light chain between them to use as a flail for extended reach gets through TSA every time

from what I’ve heard from peeps like Chuck haggard who does extensive classes and training with pepper spray and stuff related to it, ya dont wanna go with pepper gel but pepper spray!!! The gel variants take way too long to activate and work properly (40 seconds or longer once applied ). I’d recommend POM pepper spray! Very potent and great results. I always have one on me in addition to other tools

Title pretty much poses the question;

"Is There Such A Thing As A Viable Tool For Self Defense For A Minor Aged College Student That Will Not Get Them Expelled?"

While I wish they could carry a CZ SP-01 loaded with Underwood 124 gr Nosler HPs, the legality and school mandates make this totally IMPOSSIBLE.

With that line of thinking the tazer, mace, knife of legit size and expandable wand is also off the radar by the dictatorship of most universities.

So other than Thunder and Lightning knuckled up, is there an option to train with?
Gonna be real with you. If you have to shoot someone at a woke school you're getting kicked out. Men didnt get ground to paste between the somme and denang for you to shirk god given rights

Bit more conspicuous but one of my personal favorites, sjambok......scourge of the dark continent. Some day I'd love to have a real one made of rhino hide but in the mean time, cold steel makes em cheap and tough. Also great to dissuade aggressive dogs out in public.

If you are going down the martial arts road. Check out aikido. If you can have a blade, a push knife is a great option. I like it because I can use both hands for control holds without having to drop the blade. As a bladed weapon, a simple punch can perforate an opponent A single slashing motion can cut through a series of ribs.
1689902983933.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom