Is this a good deal?

I saw that when I ordered the P38 from them a few days ago. I almost added it to my cart but then I realized, I’ve got far too many 9mm hand guns.

Might be worth getting for a center console/glove box gun.

Also consider this single and most recent review
IMG_0496.jpeg

Ok so here’s Centerfire’s description:
“Soon after Gander Outdoors inspects all the firearms and lists them for sale, Gander Outdoors decides to discontinue firearms. During this same time frame, the manufacturer Tara finds out their batch of pistols has "Landed in America" and now they're upset. So what happens next, Gander calls the importer and says we need to return the pistols as we're no longer in the firearms business, and at the same time, the manufacturer puts out a statement bashing their own product, see the link to their website https://www.tara-arms.com/newsregarding these firearms. You cannot make this stuff up... So time passes, and the guns sell very slowly, the internet gurus do their thing to get attention, and the sales of these guns come to a halt. The importer has sat on these items long enough and decides it's time to call the "STACK'em DEEP and SELL'em CHEAP" guys. So here we are, offering an inspected firearm way below cost, including a 17rd magazine in the firearm and a spare 17rd factory magazine ($25 value) with a soft case with FREE SHIPPING, all for $184.99.”

But it gets better. That link they provided there: https://www.tara-arms.com/news
Points to this article by them:
IMG_0497.jpeg

That’s right, you could very well be buying a gun meant to only fire blanks. Or they say that, I’m sure so if something bad happens when live ammunition is used, they can distance themselves from any lawsuit because they “warned” the end user.

But hey, $200 is $200. I’m glad I just read all that so I could keep that in my wallet.

Another review:
Not as bad as the web says
Mine did not include the manual or soft case, I did get a hard case instead. Trigger is heavy but isn't bad, did not stop me from clearing a plate tree. Sights are not at all bad. Gun, despite the texture doesn't feel bad in the hand. I put 4 mags though the gun and had 3 failures to feed, could be a mag issue or maybe main spring. Not a bad project gun, definitely fun, far from perfect, I am happy with it so far

Back
Top Bottom