• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Iso Good wheel gun gunsmith

Davis404

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
20   2
Reaction score
Hi im in search of a good reputable gunsmith with fair amount of wheel gun experience?! Pm if you are the right guy! Thanks.sincerely

Yes, and yes. If it's something somewhat intensive (rebarrel etc) o can refer you. If it's not that time consuming, I am happy to do it for you. I love wheel guns, and try to encourage more people to get into wheelies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, for those of you following this thread here's a little break down. The issue was in the cylinder/crane/yoke. About 3-5 minutes the issue was corrected, but pointed to a larger potential issue. I removed the yoke screw after allowing it to soak briefly with Kroil Oil. Glad I did, as the revolver was bone dry and some light rusting had begun. After removing the yoke and the taking the entire assembly apart it was evident that someone had used WD40 years ago as a gun lubricant (which it is not). As amazing as the mechanics are on a classic Smith 28, it was a budget model revo that had mill marks, which when you couple with inferior oils it causes problems. I cleaned, polished, and properly lubricated the yoke and cylinder assembly, but worried the firing mechanism may have the same issue. It wasn't as bad, but I couldn't help myself and polished and cleaned everything under the side plate. As of my typing this, the revolver is smooth as glass and functions 100%. This serves as a reminder for everyone, oil and lube these things with quality products. I prefer Weapon Shield, as their safe for my kids to use.
Thanks Davis404 Davis404 , this Roscoe is super cool... and I love working on these awesome wheel guns.

fdd1a6c47e6c5fcd4ad9dbdf9c4c10c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome and thank you as well!!! Couldn't be more happy with the outcome of what began as a simple"" iso a good wheel gunsmith"" thread !

Back
Top Bottom