• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ISO realoading connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonGoon

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
24   0
Reaction score
I’m looking for someone to load me some ammo for my 6.5 creed. I’m not sure the average cost or of anyone that will do it locally to me. But i will pay well. I will provide lead and brass unless you can get what I’m after. If someone can help please contact me. IF NOT ALLOWED LET ME KNOW.

You got bigger balls than I do….asking a stranger to load you some unknown ammo. I wouldn’t shoot anyone else reloads for nothing. If you pay well, just go buy a single stage press and a couple manuals. Then learn to load your own.

I have the recipe i need , it’s not “unknown” an older man did it for me and he is no longer with us and i don’t have another local option. I don’t really have the knowledge to do the loading so rather pay someone who does.

Just on the 'legalities' side of this (since you asked if it's "Not Allowed"). In order to sell you ammunition, the person who does so should have an FFL Type 6.

If you do manage to find someone who is prepared to make up those loads for you, you would have to figure out some way to effect the process without any kind of 'sale' taking place, and given the current behavior of the ATF, you might find it hard to get someone to do this for you and take a risk, but good luck.

There are people out there (I don't think I've seen anyone on ODT) who offer to undertake "Load Development". You might search for someone who does that kind of thing.

Edit: and yes. Caleb's a stand-up dude.

Let me know if you find someone trustworthy. I wouldn’t mind trying someone’s hand loaded SMK 77gr 5.56 and 175gr .308 to see how they group compared to factory made ammo.

Just gonna toot my own horn here. I'm relatively new to reloading/handloading, and I posted a comment elsewhere in some detail, but I shot some Lake City commercial 308 (from a Ruger Gunsite Scout) and managed to get a number of 1.5 to 2in groups at 100 yards from the bench, and I was getting under an inch (and in a couple of cases, 5 rounds, all holes touching) from my handloads.

Lots of caveats - warm barrel, POI was a bit different etc - and also, I didn't compare my ammo with match ammo - but proof of concept is that you (or anyone with pretty basic reloading equipment) can pretty easily make ammo that is at least as good as $1/round commercial bulk ammo.

Thanks for the info

I recently purchased a DD5V4 and 7 different factory Match ammo. Most of which use SMK’s. I’m waiting until after the holidays to purchase a scope and then I will be doing some tests. I’m not expecting precision groups out of an automatic but I like to pick one round and stick with it. I was hoping to be able to throw in a hand load in the factory mix while I experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom