• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ISO Squirrell Hunting Club

ParaSloth

Default rank <500 posts
Paratrooper
23   0
Reaction score
Okay now that you're finished laughing .......

I just handed a neighbor a $400 check because one of my sons blew out her window while shooting at a squirrel in our NEIGHBORHOOD :doh: I REALLY need to get these boys (11 and 15) out in the woods to kill (and eat) something before I go broke. I'm not looking for a deer club (at the moment) - just a tract of land within a reasonable distance from Bethlehem, GA where I can take my boys out to shoot squirrels.

or

Somebody explain to me like I'm 5 where I can take these guys on public land. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to decipher where we can go small game hunting on state land. I've read the regs and their cute little GIS maps. I'm pretty much figuring out I just need a lobotomy.

You're not too far from a WMA. Most of the WMA properties I've been on are pretty chopped up so it can be hard to know if you're on the property or not. Fortunately there are many ways to solve this-there are pay apps like ON-X and Huntstand that have great mapping functions or you can do what I do and use Gai GPS for free and they also have the boundaries of my WMA at least even though it's not labeled as WMA on their map.

Another thing I'd do would be to ask people you know that are deer hunters if they would mind you and your boys squirrel hunting after deer season.

If they like shooting archery, rimfire or shotguns, then check with your local county extension service for a 4-H archery, rimfire or shotgun program.

For shotgun:

Back
Top Bottom