It sucks getting old

MyRight

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
5   0
Reaction score
I just received my Magpul MBUS3 sights for my AR9 pistol and just realized I can't use them without my reading glasses.
I've had reading glasses for about 5 year's now and don't seem to have issue when shooting my handguns, but with the AR, even when using the sling, it draws the weapon closer to my eyes than with the handguns, making it necessary to have my reading glasses.
The real dilemma is that when wearing my reading glasses, the sights are in focus, but the target is a bit blurred and when not wearing the glasses the sights are blurry while the target is in focus.
Are these flip up sights the wrong configuration for me?
What do you guys do to remedy this issue?

So, what would the technic be using bi-focals when I am far sighted and only need reading glasses for close up viewing, like 18" and closer?
With the prescription part of the lens I could see the sights, but the target would be blurry.
When looking through the non prescription part I could see the target, but the sights would be blurry.
I do have a Vortex Sparc red dot I could use instead of the flip up sights. I have to get a fresh battery, but I'll slap that on to see how that works for me.

The trick is to get glasses with two different lenses. Your dominant eye you want the reading lens and the non dominant eye the distance lens then learn to shoot with both eyes open. May sound crazy but I know a few people who have done it. I also know a few who have had lasix with one eye for distance and one for close up. They say it only takes a day or so to get used to it.

The trick is to get glasses with two different lenses. Your dominant eye you want the reading lens and the non dominant eye the distance lens then learn to shoot with both eyes open. May sound crazy but I know a few people who have done it. I also know a few who have had lasix with one eye for distance and one for close up. They say it only takes a day or so to get used to it.
I've practiced the shooting with both eyes open and it's not difficult for me, so getting glasses as you described sounds like it may work...I'll have to give it a try.

That's all good for target shooting, but in the case of an "oh ****" moment, I guess I'll have to make due with either with or without my reading glasses.
I guess I'll need to see how I do practicing with both scenarios.

Back
Top Bottom