70   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS 1981 AMC Eagle

Zip Code: 31088

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $3500

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Great running and driving AMC eagle, has spare parts drivers door handle just stopped working.
Buy the original SUV
$3500 message for more information and photos

Pictures:
PXL_20230606_200215697.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Yeah we had quite a few really cool
Ones running around town back in the day.
Also a lot of custom vans.

Can’t tell you how much I miss simple utilitarian vehicles that just got the job done, looked cool, tough as nails and werent like driving around with the federal government regulation insurance underwriters riding along with you.
God I just absolutely hate these freaking overengineered piles of computer module , government regulatory piles of planned obsolescence they force us to stomach these days.

You know I’d just love to knock on Obamas front door (of one of his many mansions), and tell him I’m here from the government to confiscate his vinyl album collection in leu of the new cash for klunker music programs.
we can encase the album in concrete so nobody can ever listen to it again……in the name of environmental cleanliness.

Then we can replace it with a gift card from Sam’s club….or Target in his case.
Thing is I drive older vehicles. If I needed to replace one, I'd look real close at buying something older than what I drive now

Thing is I drive older vehicles. If I needed to replace one, I'd look real close at buying something older than what I drive now
Yep it sometimes ends up that way don’t it?
For some reason I ended up with three 1999 model year vehicles and a 2008 vehicle.
The 2008 I love but it’s way higher maintenance.

My fun car is a 67, but that’s a different animal all together.

Attachments

• IMG_2939.png
    IMG_2939.png
    934.4 KB · Views: 10
Yep it sometimes ends up that way don’t it?
For some reason I ended up with three 1999 model year vehicles and a 2008 vehicle.
The 2008 I love but it’s way higher maintenance.

My fun car is a 67, but that’s a different animal all together.
Very nice. Yep I'm in the same boat. Tell me about the Barracuda

Very nice. Yep I'm in the same boat. Tell me about the Barracuda
V-2 hemi orange with AAR strobe stripes just to be different but of course everyone started copying it after I posted the build on some forums.
Worked 360 small block , mild 500 HP, A833 4 spd, Hurst competition plus shifter with B body pistol grip, 8-3/4 sure grip with 4:11 gear ratio, pinion snubber…It will hook and book.
3” Exhaust dumps before rear axle, fuel cell, mini rubbed, 8 point cage, SS springs, 1.09” police package torsion bars, sub frame connectors, stiffening boxes, boxed LCA’s, quick ratio AAR steering box, manual disk brakes FT/R, racing seats , super stock bolt in fiberglass hood with hemi scoop, custom console , EZ Wiring, hidden fuse panel in glove box, aftermarket gauges, 4” tach on dash w shift light, way too much more to list.
Every nut and bolt brand new.
Took 12 years to build piece by piece as time/money allowed.

Car was a barn find covered in paint cans , ladders 2x4’s boxes, and pretty much anything else they could Chuck on it.
Took a hour just to dig it out.
Was a F-7 green cruiser with a 273 auto on the column, open diff 7-1/4 rear, buckets up front- nothing special.
Bought it from a coworker that was ready to sell it to a Ford guy if I didn’t want it.
I wasn’t about to let that happen so I gave him 2 grand for it.
Zero rust and I mean zero.

Super fun car to drive and cruises well too, with the dual electic fan and big aluminum radiator set up.
Cruises at 180’deg with the fans off, I click them on at stop lights.

had lots of fun with it and took many trophies without even trying to be cool….lol.

Couple pics of rolling it off the flatbed the day I pulled it out of a barn, and starting the fab workS with the stripes drawn in the dust up the side.

Attachments

• IMG_3781.png
    IMG_3781.png
    584 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3783.png
    IMG_3783.png
    630.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3782.png
    IMG_3782.png
    558 KB · Views: 8
V-2 hemi orange with AAR strobe stripes just to be different but of course everyone started copying it after I posted the build on some forums.
Worked 360 small block , mild 500 HP, A833 4 spd, Hurst competition plus shifter with B body pistol grip, 8-3/4 sure grip with 4:11 gear ratio, pinion snubber…It will hook and book.
3” Exhaust dumps before rear axle, fuel cell, mini rubbed, 8 point cage, SS springs, 1.09” police package torsion bars, sub frame connectors, stiffening boxes, boxed LCA’s, quick ratio AAR steering box, manual disk brakes FT/R, racing seats , super stock bolt in fiberglass hood with hemi scoop, custom console , EZ Wiring, hidden fuse panel in glove box, aftermarket gauges, 4” tach on dash w shift light, way too much more to list.
Every nut and bolt brand new.
Took 12 years to build piece by piece as time/money allowed.

Car was a barn find covered in paint cans , ladders 2x4’s boxes, and pretty much anything else they could Chuck on it.
Took a hour just to dig it out.
Was a F-7 green cruiser with a 273 auto on the column, open diff 7-1/4 rear, buckets up front- nothing special.
Bought it from a coworker that was ready to sell it to a Ford guy if I didn’t want it.
I wasn’t about to let that happen so I gave him 2 grand for it.
Zero rust and I mean zero.

Super fun car to drive and cruises well too, with the dual electic fan and big aluminum radiator set up.
Cruises at 180’deg with the fans off, I click them on at stop lights.

had lots of fun with it and took many trophies without even trying to be cool….lol.

Couple pics of rolling it off the flatbed the day I pulled it out of a barn, and starting the fab workS with the stripes drawn in the dust up the side.
Very good. Nice to find a old car rust free. Fuel cell, you race it?? Will the Mrs ride with you?
My Wife won't even ride in mine. She ain't no fun......Course for some reason her and the car don't get along. And she drove a Monte Carlo in her teens. Oh well

Very good. Nice to find a old car rust free. Fuel cell, you race it?? Will the Mrs ride with you?
My Wife won't even ride in mine. She ain't no fun......Course for some reason her and the car don't get along. And she drove a Monte Carlo in her teens. Oh well
I’ve had my share of showdowns with it safely on the street.
My wife loves to ride in it when she can but I’m the hospital with her again after her second cancer related surgery so she hasn’t ridden in it for over a year now.
We’ve gone on some nice easy cruises with it because she doesent like speed and I don’t like to show off.

Yeah it’s set up for the track but also handles quite well in the twisties.
The fuel cell was a must after tubbing it and the submerged stealth fuel pump
Was an easy drop in.
My advice to anyone using an electric fuel pump in a thirsty car with a 1100 CFM carb is to run a submerged fuel pump.

I’ve tried every electric pump made and burned them up.
You can’t go wrong if you run a cell with a submerged pump and a return and vent.

I’ve had my share of showdowns with it safely on the street.
My wife loves to ride in it when she can but I’m the hospital with her again after her second cancer related surgery so she hasn’t ridden in it for over a year now.
We’ve gone on some nice easy cruises with it because she doesent like speed and I don’t like to show off.

Yeah it’s set up for the track but also handles quite well in the twisties.
The fuel cell was a must after tubbing it and the submerged stealth fuel pump
Was an easy drop in.
My advice to anyone using an electric fuel pump in a thirsty car with a 1100 CFM carb is to run a submerged fuel pump.

I’ve tried every electric pump made and burned them up.
You can’t go wrong if you run a cell with a submerged pump and a return and vent.
Sorry to hear about wife. Hope she gets better. Seems to be a lot of trail and error building a custom car. Lots of good insight. I know I'd do better with an electric fuel pump. But I wanted a all mechanical car. Sometimes around town it can get fussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom