Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS/FT 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser easy project

Zip Code: 30188

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 7750
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Track car , sport bike ,

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Item Description: I got this 80 series from my brother in law who bought it out from underneath me maybe 5 years ago . He bought from the second owner that bought it of lease in the 90s I have a massive folder full of books and records. So here is the project about a year ago it popped a head gasket which is super common on these . During that “resting period” the trans pan gasket got dry and it leaks like absolute hell . Also has a little bearing whine from the front. I got it running but it steams like a mofo once warm and will stall out . I don’t want to warp the head so will not drive it around. This is the perfect candidate for a LS swap which was kinda my thought. However life changes and my son and I are more into sports cars . I have a valiant effort to get him into off roading but the only (off road)he will talk about is Rally. Which to be fair is where I was at his age . This rig has zero rust , good paint other than minor clear fading on the hood and never wrecked . Last year of cloth interior which is a huge plus in the south ,looks and feels cooler. Not triple locked. About 280 on the clock . Getting hard to find clean late 80 series that aren’t super expensive or rusty and ragged. Will consider sporty trades up or down . Non cruiser motorcycles. Another R53 Mini to track . Listing here before the hell of FBmarket / Craigslist. It will gon on mudd forum next .

Pictures:
46E6880C-421F-44CD-960D-445D1D5E6373.jpeg
A556184F-015E-4040-8096-F378C32003BA.jpeg
FCEC1117-5A02-4E2D-949C-B70935892295.jpeg
8ECD87C1-5913-4318-ACD4-CCE634A8DD12.jpeg
35A01CA8-4D6A-4870-BBF8-4062F5FA95AB.jpeg
C5D59908-24E6-4ECD-8EA5-37F96BF96938.jpeg
EE8782E3-518D-45B7-9EEC-3360D705691E.jpeg
D3D9610A-3EC8-4F8D-8DFB-5C1FDDB74B16.jpeg
61DF4443-AD43-4B65-A4A8-D784AB4D2D40.jpeg
ED6ED491-7245-4E91-B43D-D97623267944.jpeg
32D75DE8-330F-4965-974A-5D0C78DEA218.jpeg
BA08E2C6-5AF1-4592-B5E3-228CC0A6857A.jpeg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Ok. That’s just a ridiculous amount for a head gasket job again assuming that’s all. I’m flabbergasted. Glad to meet a fellow 80 fan who’s also had more than a few of
I would be a buyer in this, but I’ll tell you what they will definitely tell you on IH8MUD when you post it there. It’s a clean vehicle, but it’s worth about $3k as it sits. It’s not triple locked and that motor is a huge Unkown. If it’s a head-gasket, it’s roughly a $4k repair (not an easy or cheap fix) and if it’s a full rebuild you can double that or more. Even a used motor for these isn’t cheap and an Ls swap isn’t cheap nor easy. I’m not crapping on your thread, as I’ve bought a vehicle from you before. I’m just putting a realistic expectation out there. I would love to have it, but for what you’ll end up with in this, you can find some completed rigs.
To be clear I can stick the battery back in this and in runs and drives . As I said it’s a project and is definitely just a head gasket. Project to me means that someone does the work them selves. I have done head gaskets on the early 80s an the Zs like this . I have never spent more than $800 on parts . If you have to get a shop to do it 4k sounds pretty high and not the rig for you . Yes you can probably find a ragged out early 80 series for 3k but no way in hell you can get a Z series for that locked or not . It may be priced slightly high but I am mostly looking for trades and I like to price a little high to attract over priced stuff that is nicer . You are always happier in the end to over pay for a nicer car.
All big ole in line sixs will blow a head gasket eventually, Jeeps , BMWs etc. You can buy a good running rig for 10-15 k but still a mystery when that head gasket will go . You could buy this and go through it and have no mystery. Do it yourself and know what ya got ! Lol . If you think you can buy Zseries 4.5 80 Cruisers in this same condition for 3k I will buy 10 of them from you tomorrow cash in hand 😉. I am negotiable but this is not a parts pig.

Ok. That’s just a ridiculous amount for a head gasket job again assuming that’s all. I’m flabbergasted. Glad to meet a fellow 80 fan who’s also had more than a few of these.
Yes he must be thinking of having some crazy shop doing it I have done this myself and never spent more than $800

I am not, but that is what most are paying. Even to do it yourself isn’t cheap with the Machine work. Again, that is assuming that is all that ends up wrong with it. I’ve had more than a few of these.
I have done multiples . Have owned 10+ cruisers . Hit me up next time I have never spent over $8oo in parts and machine work . They all will need it eventually. Just like any inline six .😉

To be clear, I bought a triple locked and clean 80 series with 145k miles for $2700 not long ago, built unlocked 80 for $8k and another one with the headgasket done for $5k. I am 100% a DIY guy and don’t let others work on my rigs. You are not doing a head gasket on one of these for $800. I’m not new to the 80 game and know an extensive amount about cruisers. You will not even get the head work done for under a grand and the gasket kit will cost you dang near $400-$500 for everything you need on that side. That’s if the head isn’t cooked and doesn’t need replaced. You mentioned putting it on IH8MUD next. I’m just laying out what they are going to tell you. I’m telling you that you are going to get your feelings hurt in there. I’m not trying to beat you down on price or I would have just offered the money and let you turn it down as you believe this is worth more than it is. You need to set realistic expectations that this isn’t an “easy” repair on these. These 80’s hate aftermarket parts, want Toyota OEM or Aisin and once you crack that head off, you will find a whole lot of “while you are in there” items. It looks clean. Heck, I wouldn’t mind having it. I’m telling you it is going to sit for a while at that price though. Good luck with the sale.

To be clear, I bought a triple locked and clean 80 series with 145k miles for $2700 not long ago, built unlocked 80 for $8k and another one with the headgasket done for $5k. You are not doing a head gasket on one of these for $800. I’m not new to the 80 game and know an extensive amount about cruisers. You will not even get the head work done for under a grand (closer to $1500-$2k) and the gasket kit will cost you dang near $400-$500 for everything you need on that side. You mentioned putting it on IH8MUD next. I’m just laying out what they are going to tell you. I’m telling you that you are going to get your feelings hurt in there. I’m not trying to beat you down on price or I would have just offered the money and let you turn it down as you believe this is worth more than it is. You need to set realistic expectations that this isn’t an “easy” repair on these. These 80’s hate aftermarket parts, want Toyota OEM or Aisin and once you crack that head off, you will find a whole lot of “while you are in there” items. It looks clean. Heck, I wouldn’t mind having it. I’m telling you it is going to sit for a while at that price though. Good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom