• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS/FT GUNCAT'S LAST DEAL - 1970 S&W 15-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunCat

Default rank <300 posts
In a dog-eat-dog world, I'm just a cat with a gun.
18   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT GUNCAT'S LAST DEAL - 1977 S&W 15-3

Zip Code: 30558

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 350
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Other firearms. Surprise me! (Except Glocks. Or Hi-Points.) And I can add cash for the right trade. Let's do this. :cool:

Caliber: .38 SPL

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: It may not matter to some folks, but this will likely be my last deal on ODT, as I'm moving out of Georgia this weekend. Far, far away. I know I can still follow the group, but I won't be able to go on my frantic weekend trading splurges as I've so happily done in the past. :p

But, since it's still a few days away, I'm still bored, still got the trade itch....let's have one last go at it:

A 1977 S&W 15-3 in .38 SPL.

Comes as seen, with soft pistol case. Some wear, as the pictures will show. You guys know I don't like describing condition; I'd rather show it through photos.

Everything is nice and tight. The cylinder release is a bit stiff, may need slight adjusting as seems to be a common thing with older S&W revolvers.

Prefer to meet near Commerce, but can travel a bit for the right deal, since this will be the last one, lol.

Trade interests are wide open, but firearms only.

Thanks for the fun run, folks! :thumb:

Pictures:
sw-15-3-jpg.2148135

sw-15-3-2-jpg.2148136

sw-2-jpg.2148137

sw-jpg.2148138

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
A late 1970s Smith & Wesson model 15 is a revolver that I always coveted from my older brother. He bought it brand new when he was a young man in his 20s embarking on a (short-lived) career as an armed security guard. A dozen years after that we both got kind of fat, and we challenged each other to a diet bet. I exercised and lost more weight than he did, so I won this revolver from him.
But 10 years later, even without any other bet being in place, I had gotten so fat again that I felt too embarrassed to keep this gun, and I gave it back to him.

They are sweet shooters, and even heavy + P loads out of them feel mild and easily controllable, not like an alloy J framed gun.

Well...i guess ill ask.....where ya goin?!?

This will probably get mixed responses, lol, but... New Hampshire.

I grew up there; it's what equals "Home" in my head/heart, and a person should be where "home" is.

Plus, no sales tax, constitutional carry, and this is the view from my yard:

signal1.jpg

I've been trying to move back for years, but stayed because my mom was here. I lost her on Christmas....and it's time for me to go home.

This will probably get mixed responses, lol, but... New Hampshire.

I grew up there; it's what equals "Home" in my head/heart, and a person should be where "home" is.

Plus, no sales tax, constitutional carry, and this is the view from my yard:

View attachment 2149341

I've been trying to move back for years, but stayed because my mom was here. I lost her on Christmas....and it's time for me to go home.

If you haven't already, I would look into the Free State Project up in NH.
I have considered moving there myself.
Good luck. Sorry for your loss.

Today's the last day before everything gets packed....so I dropped the price a little. :thumb:

And if you've got something worth a bit more than my revolver...try me anyway, I can add cash. ;)

Let me know if you have any interest in driving down towards Griffin to Trade for an Excellent Condition Ruger P-97 with two Magazines, NO Box or Docs...

Let me know if you have any interest in driving down towards Griffin to Trade for an Excellent Condition Ruger P-97 with two Magazines, NO Box or Docs...

Interest in the pistol, certainly. Interest in the drive...less so, lol. I don't mind a bit of a drive, but even halfway, that'd be 2 hours round trip for both of us. That's a bit further than I was looking to go.

But the offer is always appreciated. :thumb:

Got a BIL that lives just outside of Manchester in Bedford...been in NH many times.
Actually climbed Mt Washington...once.

Too bad you're so far...I'd be interested...

Have a safe trip and enjoy your relocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom