Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
60   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT Smith and Wesson Model 14-2

Zip Code: 31220

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: ***EDIT**** Price back up to $500 see note below
Trade Value or Items Looking For: ALL TRADES RESPECTFULLY CONCIDERED.

Caliber: 38-special

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: took it out out again today with a new load. Wow! What a difference. Ate the ten ring up. So, I'm not selling it for less than I paid for it. So, we'll give it about go round at $500 and then I'll happily keep it and possibly sell my 686.

Pictures:
img_0690-jpg.1064795

img_0691-jpg.1064796

img_0692-jpg.1064797

img_0694-jpg.1064800

img_0695-jpg.1064801

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I appreciate that. I'm going Saturday to test a new bullet and load. If it shoots well I will keep the pistol. I bought this not as a collectors piece but as a shooter.

Item Description: took it out out again today with a new load. Wow! What a difference. Ate the ten ring up.

If you don't mind telling what was your load?
It is kind of sad this one sat for so long at such a good price -- only shows how many on this site don't appreciate one of the best shooting handguns ever made.
You don't need magnum or 15 round mags to have a fine shooting experience.

I would have grabbed it sooner if I didn't already have one (or more. ;) )

I cast my on 105 grain SWC from wheel weights. (Yep a 105 grain) Sized to .358. Winchester small pistol primers. I powder coated 1/2 and lubed 1/2. 3.2 grains of bullseye. Fairly aggressive crimp in the crimping groove. Both shot accurately with the lubed being more consistent. (Had a few flyers in the 8-ring with the PC'd boolets). Of course I must add a disclaimer, use at your own risk: always follow printed data. I'm not responsible for your reloading. Blah blah bla. It's a safe load though. Slightly lower than the 3.6 suggested starting load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom