Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
61   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS/FT WW1 Remington UMC M1911

Zip Code: 30064

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $3400
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Multiple. Will consider trades plus cash on your end

Caliber: 45

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Up for Sale- WW1 Remington UMC M1911 made in 1918. Serial Number: 36XX. Yes, this is your chance to own a true WW1 M1911 war horse! This M1911 started its life in 1918, originally contracted by the US Government from Remington UMC, (NOT Remington Rand) and is only 1 of 21k fulfilled before the contract was cancelled.

Most Remington UMC’s are UMC Slides on Colt Frames. This one is a UMC slide and UMC Frame and bears the EEC Inspector Stamp above the mag release. There are a number of correct ‘E’ stamps on slide and frame parts including: Slide firing Chanel plate and Mainspring housing. The downside to this original Remington UMC- Looks like a past owner thought it was illegal to own something Marked “United States Property”, and on the UMC Slide Saying “Model M1911” “US Caliber 45”. Where the Frame would have been marked, you can clearly see where it was sanded down, and on the slide, you can faintly still see the “U” and “45” where it should be marked “US Caliber 45”.

There is no doubt this old war horse is the real deal. The Inspector Stamps and markings alone are enough for anyone to know what this really is. To ensure proper function and to prevent any further negative patina, I personally took down the entire frame and slide for proper cleaning and to ensure function. The ONLY part that was not comfortable with was the disconnector. The original disconnector only worked about 30% of the time causing hammer follow, after cycling and maintaining rearward pressure on the trigger. The only part replacement I found is the barrel, which is marked HS, for High Standard, who produced 1911 barrels during WW2. SO aside from the barrel, and disconnector, everything else looks to be original Remington UMC M1911. Comes with Bi-tone ww1/2 mag.

Now for the price. Original Remington UMC M1911’s in 95% condition or better sell for $12K+. Some sell for $1000, but these are Remington UMC Slides on Colt Serial numbered Frames. This one is NOT 95% Condition and has Patina. And if you have anything negative to say about the Patina…I’d like to see your Patina at 104 years of age. There is NOT a lot of these (that I have found) sold to gauge an average price. Send offers. Worse case, I'll keep it and give it my kids.

Feel Free to send me offers. Trades plus cash considered. Not interested in home-built AR's, Gucci Glocks, (Or other 'built' polymer wonders), or shot guns (unless its a WW1/2 Trench gun). Maybe SCAR 17? Steyr AUG? Desert eagle in 50 AE? Other Mil-surps? Willing to take trade plus cash. Not looking to add cash on my end.

Message me with any questions. Thanks Guys!

Pictures:
20220127_010543.jpg
20220127_010550.jpg
IMG-20220128-WA0000.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom