Reaction score
Item Name: FS Marlin model 36 .30-30

Zip Code: 30013

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 350.00

Caliber: .30-30

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I have here a Marlin Model 36 in .30-30 caliber. It has the short magazine tube (4 rounds in the tube plus one in the chamber for a total of 5, if I recall correctly). No crossbolt safety, just the correct half-cock notch for the hammer. The rifle is drilled and tapped for a scope mount; the cover screws are missing, and were when I bought it.
I purchased it from another ODT member about two years ago, and have used it very successfully on a few wild hogs.
The bad news. About a year ago the rifle slipped out of it's case when I took it out from behind the seat of the truck and split off the toe of the stock. I have repaired it, but have not re-stained the stock yet (functional, just not pretty). I have since fired the rifle about 20 times with no issues. I did order and install a new Marlin butt plate for the rifle, and made the repair with wooden dowels and epoxy. I have priced this rifle with the repair in mind; lowball offers will just be ignored.
Ask any questions, I will try my best to answer them all.

Thank you for looking.

Pictures:
20160201_095434-jpg.663428

20160201_095441-jpg.663429

20160201_095502-jpg.663430

20160201_095514-jpg.663432

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I believe it is a 'Marlin-Glenfield' model 36. Great rifle! PM sent.
Can you post a clear picture of the frame side to show condition? Thanks.
Alan, you are correct. It is marked Marlin Model 36, Glenfield Products New Haven, Conn. JM stamped on the right side of the barrel. I've tried to get some better pictures, but my skills as a photographer are pretty much non-existent. Sorry. On the Blue Book scale, I'd put the blueing at around 90-95%. A bit of thinning around the muzzle. The screw in the magazine cap is a bit buggered, as are the two screws on either side of the forend cap. How it came to me. All screws on the receiver are in good shape. I haven't shined a light down the bore, but she is a SOLID shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom