Reaction score
Item Name: NEW PRICE - FS/T S&W Model 28 "Highway Patrolman", 4" barrel

Zip Code: 30152

Item is for: Sale or Trade for S&W revos. See wants below
Sale Price: $800.00

Caliber: .357 Magnum

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Selling my Mint Condition Model 28-2. The N11XXX serial number indicates a production date of '69 to '72. It is pinned and recessed and the Magna stocks number to the gun.

The factory finish on Model 28s is a less reflective level of polish because they were marketed to Law Enforcement. The Model 28 was based on the Model 27, which had the checkered top strap, high polished bluing, etc. To reduce the cost to make it attractive to Police Depts, S&W deleted the checkering and stopped the polish process at an earlier level. The pistol that I'm selling has the original finish and it is in 98% condition, showing only a faint turn line on the cylinder.

No rust, pitts, scuffs, or scratches; the bluing, color case hardening and stocks are top shelf.

I do not have the box, docs or accessories, just this gorgeous pistol. It checks out mechanically, has a clean barrel with sharp rifling and clean bright chambers. I assume that it has been fired, but I doubt by very much.

It is pretty rare that you'll see another Model 28 as clean as this one. Thanks for looking and your comments are welcome!

Will need to see your GA DL and CCW. or I will ship to your FFL at your expense.

Trade interests - No MIM or lock models - Model 19 or 66, either 2.5" or 4", Glock 48 only + cash

Pictures:
p1018260-jpg.2326473

p1018261-jpg.2326474

p1018259-jpg.2326475

p1018258-jpg.2326476

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom