• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Item Gone: FS Smith & Wesson mod 3914, single stack DA/SA 9mm w/ night sights...

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4rod

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
31   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS Smith &amp; Wesson mod 3914, single stack DA/SA 9mm w/ night sights...

Zip Code: 30513

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $550 cash FIRM in Blue Ridge, GA

Caliber: 9mm

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I am selling my safe queen Smith & Wesson model 3914. I bought this a couple decades ago, but it just sits in my gun safe. Haven't fired it in over 5 years, so time to pass it on to someone who will use and enjoy it. It's described by knowledgeable gunsmiths as the best and safest, single stack, DA/SA, all metal, 9mm personal protection gun ever made. Now, I'm not claiming that. Just passing on what I read. This model is the 3rd generation of the original S&W model 39. I remember the Special Forces in Vietnam carried a silenced version of that handgun. When they would sneak into a village, the enemy would post dogs outside the village for alarm if someone approached. The S.F. guys shot subsonic ammo and would shoot the dogs first. They called that model of silenced 39 the "hushpuppy."

The gun is in excellent condition. Only a little bit of edge wear on the decocker/safety from carry in leather holsters. It has 4 built in safeties. A decocker/safety. You press it down to decock the hammer. Then it becomes a manual safety and you press it up to fire the gun. While the safety is engaged, there's a hammer block and firing pin lock to prevent accidental discharges if you drop the gun either hammer first, or muzzle first. And lastly, there's a magazine disconnect safety. The only one you really use is the decocker/safety. The other 3 are automatic and operate in the background.

This is a package deal that will give you everything you'll ever need. I sent the gun off to Trijicon and had Tritium night sights installed. A single dot in the front and 2 dots in the rear. That was years ago and they aren't as bright as they used to be. The gun comes with 5 factory S&W, 8-round magazines, all with the curved finger toe. Also a Don Hume leather 2-mag belt pouch. There's 3 leather holsters, all right handed. Two I had custom made by CCS Leather Gunwear in Washington state. He had a model 39 hard plastic gun form and molded each holster around that form, then hand stitched the holsters together. They are an exact fit. One is an IWB, and the other an OWB. Each has an extended "sweat guard" so the gun won't rust from resting next to your skin. The 3rd holster is a Bianchi retention holster. I live in the woods. A couple decades ago I was able to walk for hours in the wilderness. I wore the gun in the retention holster so I wouldn't loose it in the deep mountainous woods. It also come with a Boyt black canvas soft gun case that has mag pouches, and an accessory pouch.

The gun will come with some ammo. Speer/CCI Gold Dot JHP, Federal HST JHP, Aguila FMJ, Magtech LRN and CCI Rat Shotshells. Also several snap caps.

This is everything I have in 9mm. This is an "all or nothing" package so please don't ask me to sell one or a few items separately. The price for this package is $550 cash FIRM at a face to face transaction in Blue Ridge, GA only. Please don't ask me to deliver this package to any location other than Blue Ridge, GA. I am a 74 year old Disabled Vietnam Vet and travel is a hardship. And please respect my listing and don't make any lower offers. The package is for sale only. I don't need any trades. And I'd prefer not to hold this package for any length of time. If you are away from home, please wait until you can travel to Blue Ridge, GA before contacting me.

The buyer pays their own travel costs to come to Blue Ridge, GA to pick up this package.

The prospective buyer must be a Georgia resident with a valid state issued I.D. A WCP would help in letting me know it's legal for you to purchase a firearm in Georgia. The buyer releases the seller of all liabilities for the purchase, possession, and use of this firearm.

All communications will be by PM on the ODT. No phone calls or texts until the day we meet to help with the location.

Thanks for looking,

Rod

Pictures:
gunB.jpg
S&W3914CCS1.jpg
S&W3914CCS2.jpg
holsters.jpg
mags.jpg
ammo.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom