• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS Smith & Wesson Model 27-2 scarce 5 inch barrel in great shape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc1956

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Hunter
19   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS Smith &amp; Wesson Model 27-2 scarce 5 inch barrel in great shape!

Zip Code: 30542

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 1000

Caliber: 357Mag

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: This is the iconic S&W Model 27 in the unique 5 inch barrel variety. It is a handful of a revolver, but since it is a .357 Magnum gun, the weight helps with felt recoil. This beauty has target grips which are not original and it does not have the target trigger nor target hammer. The 5 inch version helped with the weight and this is what was said about this special version: "The 5-inch barrel was perceived by many as having the best balance, in both the visual and the tactile sense, of any of the slender barrels ever fitted to this large-frame, heavy-cylindered revolver. Skeeter Skelton was particularly fond of the 5-inch and influenced so much demand among his loyal readers that Smith & Wesson reportedly produced a short run of 5-inch Model 27s to satisfy the clamor". I have had 2 of these great firearms and it is time for someone else to enjoy the history and experience of this piece of history. This is not a safe queen, but it is in great condition. Holster wear on the barrel and cylinder faces, some handling marks and light scratches keeping with a loved and lightly use revolver. It locks up very tightly and the finish is at least 95%. I'm in Flowery Branch and in Tucker, from time to time. Take a look and see if you would like to have it in your hands. I'll meet near either location, depending upon timing. $1,000 cash and I will ask to see your carry permit or Georgia driver's license. You are welcome to see mine as well. Thanks for looking and I'm happy to answer any questions prior to meeting.

Pictures:
IMG_6504.jpg
IMG_6506.jpg
IMG_6507.jpg
IMG_6508.jpg
IMG_6509.jpg
IMG_6510.jpg
IMG_6511.jpg
IMG_6512.jpg
IMG_6513.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom