• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Item Gone: FS USA Denver Colorado Made Redfield 2-7 Wide Angle TV Screen Scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceg1957

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
Hunt, Fish, Shoot!
190   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS USA Denver Colorado Made Redfield 2-7 Wide Angle TV Screen Scope

Zip Code: 30110

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $250.00 firm

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: This was a hard decision but I decided to put this up for sale. I bought this scope in 1975 and put it on my Remington 788 .308 that I bought the same year. I’m not a spring chicken anymore and my eyes aren’t what they once were so I upgraded my .308 with a new, more powerful scope, last year. This Redfield has been in the safe since so it’s time for it to grace someone else’s rifle and take a few more deer before it’s retired for good. It’s a 49 year old scope that is still clear and functions correctly. The reticle is a quadraplex. I hunted in every type of weather Ga has to offer using this scope and it has never let me down. It has been as reliable as my Remington 788 and been cared for the same way. Unfortunately, I do not have the original box that the scope came in due to moving many times over the years.
I’m not willing to negotiate on this scope because I don’t care if it sells or not. If it doesn’t sell, I may just put it on the plaque one of my mounts is on. If this scope could talk, it could tell some tales! It has been a great scope! I wish my eyes would have held up as well as the scope.
I did a conversion of what I paid in 1975, a whole paycheck then, to 2023 equivalent and it came out to $686.00. I was shocked to say the least. But my new scope was over $600 so I guess that’s about right.
$250 will get it a new home but I’m not traveling on this one.
Thanks for looking.
That is not a ring mark on the scope. It is the adhesive from the piece of tape that was on the scope where the scope ring makes contact with the scope.

Pictures:
0AE015FD-287F-433F-AE20-6A74E9A58485.jpeg
28DA1382-061F-49F0-8524-A0BCBF5ADD25.jpeg
963C3362-024C-4BB4-A34B-DC9B47BABF49.jpeg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom