Davers

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS Wanted 'Old or Civil War Sites'

Zip Code: 30102

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: up to $50 or a bit more , "Site Depending".

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: This Fall & Winter I'm willing to Pay (amount will depend on the site & Day's allowed).

Basically I looking for places to use my Metal Detector to look for Old Coins or Civil War Relics.

I will be Glad to offer the Land Owner a Sampling of what I dig.

Also I'm in this for the love of History & do not sell anything I dig and Keep everything by 'Site Found'.

No place is to big or small, it just needs to be Old pre 1940 or have had Civil War Actions or Marches in the Area.

Hunted out Camps are welcome to.

Just a desperate relic hunter that started the hobby 50 years to late.

Figured I ask.
Thanks Davers

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I'm a metal detecting junky as well. Looks like you are pretty close. Maybe we can do some digging sometime here soon.

Sounds Good.
Finding a good place is the problem but a good hunt is fun even if nothing super is found tho.

BTW Having Super Bowl Flashbacks . Hey it's Atlanta so nothing new. Crying. but??
WOW! I guess the Falcon's Win after all.
They tried so hard to loose.
Ill take it.

Hit me up sometime & maybe we can do some hunting.
Davers

Most diggers won't share their honey hole.
Every good spot I ever knew is now paved, posted or the owner has a shotgun
I've been at it for more than 30 years and I have a truck load of relics to sell.

I hear ya traderben, "like I said 30 years to late" I do OK tho , you' Hall of Farmer's' are hard to please. lol

Was hoping S.W. or R.B would send me an invite. LOL

Yes you do have some Very Nice relics & coins , I need more $.

GL, GD Ben.
Davers

Good luck OP! Please post any finds.

@FrogMan
My wife gave me a $150 Bounty Hunter that I used for years. You can get pretty good with digging clad, copper and all iron with it. Did find one gold ring and a silver dime or two.

Sounds about right for GA , where pre-1940 coins are Very hard to come by especially Silver ones, Digging a Gold Ring is a Big deal, Good Job.

Sounds about right for GA , where pre-1940 coins are Very hard to come by especially Silver ones, Digging a Gold Ring is a Big deal, Good Job.

Yeah, I beat up all kind of parks, schools, around old buildings, but always came up without much.
I think old homes are the best option. I found more coins from the 50's in my yard and neighbors yard than anywhere else. The Ring came from a small park across from a school. Nothing fancy. 10k semiprecious stone of some type.

Are you into relics, coins? Any good finds you can share? I really enjoy the finds posted over on treasurenet.com

I'm a terrible picture poster , my wife has to help, just got to where I posted an Album on Treasure Net , so I got some pictures there ( Same User Name).

I was gonna PM you this but you & 2 others asked about pictures

Many but not all of my finds of the past 5 years can be seen there + other stuff.
Sux that on the t-net album when you click to enlarge they get SUPER BIG.
It's not like that on the normal Forum.???

Yeah, I beat up all kind of parks, schools, around old buildings, but always came up without much.
I think old homes are the best option. I found more coins from the 50's in my yard and neighbors yard than anywhere else. The Ring came from a small park across from a school. Nothing fancy. 10k semiprecious stone of some type.

Yea it's the love of history & the Fun of the hunt that keeps me going.
You never know what will pop up next.

In for pics of cool finds. Sounds like a cool new thread idea actually. Sorry to derail.

Got some pictures on treasure-net in my Album ; I recently learned to post some pictures by myself, the wife usually helps.

I may try to post some on here , need to figure out the right section to post in.
Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom