Unknown

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
262   1
Reaction score
Item Name: FT Rolex "Mil-Sub" Submariner

Zip Code: 30067

Item is for: Trade Only
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Rolex Green Anniversary Submariner, Maybe a tavor or scar, whatcha got? Will likely need cash with any trade unless you have something I just can't live without

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Ok, to make a long story short, I bought a Rolex Air-King a few months back only to find out to my dismay that it was not all original/factory correct. Fortunately, the movement was solid and had been serviced (back in 09 from what I can tell) and so the research began. Low and behold, I found out that Submariners 5513/5517 used the exact movement from the air-king I had. "Now, wouldn't restoring an old Rolex be fun?"...famous last words... after months of sourcing parts she finally has come back to life and looks absolutely stunning. All work was done at It's About Time at Perimete where they also tested waterproofness to 3 Bars.

Case- New Rep. Mil-sub case, has the permanent spring bars and all of the correct markings including 5517 on the lugs and the NATO marks on the back,(on what I was told is a Gen. 5513 back but can not confirm)
Face- Restored Rolex face with correct "T" tritium marking
Hands- Rep. Mil Sub sword hands
Crown -Gen. Rolex
Stem- Gen. rolex
Movement- Gen 1520 rolex automatic
Strap- Crown and Buckle 1 of 10 Limited Edition Leather Camo (made in USA)

Recent article on the Mil-Sub, references the dual 5517/5513 markings as well. They estimate that it will go for $100,000-$200,00 at auction, now you can have one at a fraction of that.

http://www.phillipswatches.com/ny-auction-highlight-the-rolex-milsub-ref-55135517/

View attachment 1391804 View attachment 1391798 View attachment 1391799 View attachment 1391805 View attachment 1391808 View attachment 1391812

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom