Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FT Winchester 1897

Zip Code: 31324

Item is for: Trade Only
Trade Value or Items Looking For: $600

Caliber: 12gauge

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Beautifully aged Winchester 1897 in 12 gauge. This shotgun shoots well but has intermittent feeding issues. It is a takedown model built in 1902 and has the rare broomstick handle-style butt stock. I am looking for MILSURP trades ONLY. The list below is what I am looking for but is not exclusive so shoot me an offer, the worst I can say is no. May consider trades plus cash going either way depending on what you are offering.

MILSURP interested in:
Berthier Carbine
Nagant 1895 Pistol
Makarov Pistol
Star Model B Pistol
Yugo SKS
Arisaka (Type 30 specifically)
Mauser
MAS 45
MAS 49
Remington Model 11
Springfield 1903 Sporters

Pictures:
IMG_6060.JPEG
IMG_6061.JPEG
IMG_6062.JPEG
IMG_6063.JPEG
IMG_6064.JPEG
IMG_6065.JPEG

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Is the tape on the wrist due to a crack? I assume that the barrel was cut down - does it have any choke?
It is a copper wire wrap reinforced by what appears to be Sodder. There are hairline cracks but the copper wrap sits loose on the butt stock and after numerous times firing the shotgun the cracks do not appear to be spreading, so it appears the copper wrap may have been done more for aesthetic purposes at one point.

It was at one time a full length 30" in barrel. No special choke is installed; barrel is marked "Full"

I apologize for the late response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom