Survivalist
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
49   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: Lane Cedar Chest

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: My mother has been wanting a Lane Cedar Chest for a good while now, and I would love to be able to surprise her with one during Christmas this year, if I could luck out. Pm me with any offers or possible leads to one!

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
My mother has been wanting a Lane Cedar Chest for a good while now, and I would love to be able to surprise her with one during Christmas this year, if I could luck out. Pm me with any offers or possible leads to one!
They are a really nice chest. I have one from November 1953 my aunt left to me when she died. I keep my bayonet and knife collection in it. :0)

Attachments

• IMG_1638.JPG
    IMG_1638.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 22
If you have little kids around make sure the Lane chest has the lock conversion done to it. If not you can get a free one from the company. Back in the 70's there was a few children that died in the chests playing hide and seek. The cedar chests were marketed as airtight and they were. Back then the kids would hide in them and there was no way to open the chest from the inside so kids suffocated.

I gave one away when we moved into our new house a year ago. Took it out of storage and didn't have a place for it.
Pointless story, I know but you're a year late for a beautiful free one.

If you have little kids around make sure the Lane chest has the lock conversion done to it. If not you can get a free one from the company. Back in the 70's there was a few children that died in the chests playing hide and seek. The cedar chests were marketed as airtight and they were. Back then the kids would hide in them and there was no way to open the chest from the inside so kids suffocated.
Yep, you could drop the lid on mine and it wouldn't slam it would air cushion shut. Thought about making a humidor out of it.

omg that's frickin horrible!!! Thank you for that bit of information, because we do have a little 4 year old that loves being around her Nana. Will definitely make sure to take precaution and find that lock, if we do end up finding one.

I gave one away when we moved into our new house a year ago. Took it out of storage and didn't have a place for it.
Pointless story, I know but you're a year late for a beautiful free one.

No worries, I figured it's going to be a shot in the wind anyway with how close we are coming into the holidays, but it's worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom