Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: Marble/Granite pieces

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: OK Guys, I have closed my 80 year old family stone business. I have a good many marble and granite pieces laying around that need to go. These are remnants of polished slabs. Thickness is 3/4" or 1 1/4". If you need a nice, flat/heavy surface, than here is your deal. There are pieces from cutting board size, to countertop/table top size. If you are interested, let me know. You will need a truck and a couple of helpers to load. I may help load, but I am not cutting to size or polishing edges. Did it for 50 years. There are rare pieces of marble that haven't been quarried in decades. If you are a fabricator, let me know if you want this.

I am considering having a pickup time of Sunday afternoon, from 1 to 4. I will do this if there is enough interest, otherwise, it is going to the dump. Material is located in Avondale Estates. Zip is 30002.

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I am meeting with the disposal guy tomorrow. It will depend on his schedule. IF he can't get to it until the following week, which is Thanksgiving week, then I may drive back down next Sunday again. It is 50 miles, round trip for me, so it is just as easy for me to throw it away at this point. I will keep you posted.

Wow! I wish I'd had a truck yesterday. Got some great pieces of granite - one big enough to cover my entire leather tooling bench and another for my bath vanity downstairs. As it was, I got about 1,000 lbs of granite into my Malibu ;-). Mark, thank you so much! Every time I lay out a new piece a leather on my bench I'll remember you.

OK guys, I met with the guy today about hauling away the remainder of the marble/granite. IF I get at least four or five people that will absolutely COMMIT to coming next Sunday, I will drive down there again. This means me driving in from Sparta, so don't say you are coming, if you are a maybe. There is still some nice stuff there. It will be from 1 until 3 on Sunday, if I do this. Please PM me if you plan to attend. Bring your trailer/truck, gloves, and maybe a friend to help load. First come/first served.

I need to know by Thursday evening, as I need to schedule for the disposal next Monday/Tuesday.

Some of the stuff.

Attachments

• 20211116_094600.jpg
    20211116_094600.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 20211116_094544.jpg
    20211116_094544.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 20211116_094527.jpg
    20211116_094527.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 85
I found some assorted boxes of 12" x 12" tiles yesterday. maybe 10 square feet of a couple of flavors, and 20 sq. feet of another. Letting them go super cheap, but there are a lot of 12" x 12" x 1cm tiles that are free. Marble, granite, and limestone. Perfect for making coasters or epoxy mixing boards. Can be cut on a tile wet saw.

I am going to be there Sunday from 1 to 3, as a couple of people have said they were coming. PM me if you want the address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom