• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: Recommendations on Plate Carriers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenLOW

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
Banned Permanently
4   5
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: Recommendations on Plate Carriers?

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Bigger guy(fat) ...would really like some input on a plate carrier with side plates. Brands are the best? Best warranties? American Made preference .

Budget $400ish

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Carriers are sized by plate, not body

Pick your perceived threats. Then price. Then weight. You get to pick any 2

The more **** that’s added the harder it is to move. I started with level 4 ceramics that were 20+ pounds. $200 or something total. Protected against a lot but sucked hard to do everything.

Then l210 and was good but still 12 pounds.

Now I’m using special threat plates and my whole carrier is under 6 pounds, 9 with 3 mags. I’m less bulletproof Than before but I can actually move and breath

The more **** that’s added the harder it is to move. I started with level 4 ceramics that were 20+ pounds. $200 or something total. Protected against a lot but sucked hard to do everything.

Now I’m using special threat plates and my whole carrier is under 6 pounds, 9 with 3 mags. I’m less bulletproof Than before but I can actually move and breath
Great insight. Thanks for the help.

Brand recommendation?

London Bridge has some regular sales and has anything from basic to more and made in America. Esstac is another solid made in America option

StevenLOW StevenLOW again boils down to use. I went with a ferro concepts slickster because you an run it slick (without stuff) and actually hide it under a jacket. Less padding than others but the combo of price and use was worth it.
Another vote for a slickster here. Lots of cummerbund options and mag placard options as well to tailor the fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom