• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: **STOLEN** FNX 45 fde

Status
Not open for further replies.
ph.png

Silly question. Whats “in”?

Its a long story. Basically when the firearm went missing the guy skipped town with the money for the job also (half up front and half on completetion). I took him to small claims court when he was arrested for something unrelated and won. Part of the judgement was to return his belongs that he left at my house. One item was a large black tough box. There were several other small items on the list so when I went home I opened the tough box to make sure they were all in there. I hadnt opened the box previously because it wasnt my property. As im going through it I lifted up a sander bag and sure enough there it was. It never left my house and was right under my nose the entire time. Just think I was about to hand over my own stolen firearm! Sometimes integrity screws you over. So I called the police and they came out and filled another report. I may not get the few grand back that was stolen but at least I got my gun back.
mighty nice of you not to look lol, I figure id have to check to make sure I wasn't inadvertently holding meth or something illegal

glad you got it back

Silly question. Whats “in”?

Its a long story. Basically when the firearm went missing the guy skipped town with the money for the job also (half up front and half on completetion). I took him to small claims court when he was arrested for something unrelated and won. Part of the judgement was to return his belongs that he left at my house. One item was a large black tough box. There were several other small items on the list so when I went home I opened the tough box to make sure they were all in there. I hadnt opened the box previously because it wasnt my property. As im going through it I lifted up a sander bag and sure enough there it was. It never left my house and was right under my nose the entire time. Just think I was about to hand over my own stolen firearm! Sometimes integrity screws you over. So I called the police and they came out and filled another report. I may not get the few grand back that was stolen but at least I got my gun back.

Question: Do you have to give him his stuff back even though he owes you the few grand that was stolen ? I would ask judge about that....say you want to swap the stuff at the same time he pays you what he owes.
Just curious.

Question: Do you have to give him his stuff back even though he owes you the few grand that was stolen ? I would ask judge about that....say you want to swap the stuff at the same time he pays you what he owes.
Just curious.
Judge : "You have to give his stuff back"
Me :"What stuff?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom