Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
33   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: WTB Ham Radio Equipment

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Getting started in ham radio and looking for quality equipment. Sale or trade.

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
modern to semi modern. No tube stuff. Just looking for a decent start type stuff. HF, 2 meter, 70cm.

Need everything- power supplies, antennas, base station etc. Also looking for a good quality HT that is water/dust proof.

thanks

I got most of my current gear from Ham Radio Outlet. They have new and "pre-owned" at really good prices. Take a drive down and give them a look. Better than buying stuff at estate sales from "silent keys" where you have no idea how it was treated or who has worked on it and it all comes with no warranty and full of smoke just waiting to get out. 73 DE N5GWU

Ham Radio Outlet​

4.8261 Google reviews

Electronics store in Doraville, Georgia

Source for amateur radio equipment, parts & accessories, including pre-owned & discontinued items.
Service options: In-store shopping · Curbside pickup · Delivery

Address: 6071 Buford Hwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 10 AM

Phone: (770) 263-0700

Great advice from Klif. In the last several years I’ve only seen 1 or 2 posts for HAM gear for sale on here. QRZ.com has a good swap meet section for used HAM gear. There’s also a Hamfest soon in Gwinnett. Google is your friend.

There is a big Ham Fest in Dalton every year. That’s where I bought my first radio and it’s still the centerpiece of my ‘shack’.

Have you gotten a license yet? The Ham Fests usually have a proctored exam as well. If you go for your Technician I’d stick around and try the General test as well. They both cover a lot of the same material.

If you’re looking for 2M and 70cm starter gear most folks will get a handheld transceiver and participate in the local repeater nets.

HF is a different animal. Now you’re looking at either a mobile rig or a base station unless you get into CW (Morse Code) and QRP (transmissions at less than 5 watts.)

You’re also looking at a much larger antenna and the need for elevation to place the antenna.

Depending on your choice of HF radio you may not need a separate power supply.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom