• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS 2008 Accord Coupe*** $5000

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-2008-accord-coupe-5000.1960171/
Item Name: FS 2008 Accord Coupe

Zip Code: 30252

Item is for: For Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $5,000

Trades: Drywall work- See Below

Caliber: 2.4

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Billing Information: Typical

Item Description: 2008 Accord EX-L, 5 speed. 127k miles. Bought in fall of 2017 because I gave my fiance/wife my car at the time. Car had 103k when I got it. Ive replaced the following: front brakes/rotors, drive belt and tensioner pulley, Pcv, coolant, water pump, thermostat and housing, Vtc actuator gear and all timing components (chain, guides, tensioner), NGK spark plugs and adjusted the valves, changed Trans fluid with GM Synchromesh. Runs great but burns a quart of oil every 1200 miles like Honda says it should according to the manual. Its never had a CEL or left me stranded. Clutch is high. It was high when I bought it but if you drive long distance and can drive a clutch, you can make it last a long time. Passenger side windshield has a very slow water leak. According to other owners online, theres a body joint at the top of the windshield that needs new seam sealer. Any windshield shop can do this for very cheap. I havent had time to take care of it. Tires are at 60% or better. Never wrecked. I have the carfax from when I purchased the car. Title in hand. Any questions feel free to ask. More than happy to meet you at your choice of mechanic in Henry county for inspection. Car was previously owned by a smoker. I steam treated the car in 2017 with citrous cleaner and the smell is 90% gone. Reason for selling? I have 5 vehicles and a bike for two people. Something needs to go.
Trades: I will be needing a drywall guy pretty soon to help during a remodel. If you're a good drywall guy and you want a car, maybe we can work something out. Other than that, I'm not looking to trade.

Edit: Had someone ask about the oil consumption. Yes, you need to check/add the oil every 1k-1200 miles. This thing has a 5.6 quart oil pan. Theres a reason Honda put an oversize pan on a 4 cyl. They knew they were oil burners and this is how they fixed it along with stating in the manual that is "Ok" to burn oil. But the car DOES NOT visibly smoke. I've had a co worker that lives just down the street follow me home several times and he's never seen smoke. I've kept the oil changed every 3k because I do all my cars in that interval so I usually add oil once and then change it the next time it starts getting low.

Pictures:
img_0209-jpg.2091325

img_0210-jpg.2091326

img_0211-jpg.2091327

img_0212-jpg.2091328

img_0213-jpg.2091329

I don't really do a lot of drywall but I'm an electrician and I need a new car... what are you having done?

Back
Top Bottom