• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Custom Tactical Long Range Precision Rifle

Burdy

Default rank 5000+ posts
ODT Co-Founder
Forum Owner
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-custom-tactical-long-range-precision-rifle.1069454/
Item Name: FS Custom Tactical Long Range Precision Rifle w/ Mcree Chassis

Zip Code: 30701

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $1625 to $2790

Caliber: .308

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: This is a custom built rifle that took me almost a year to put together. Exactly 40 rounds down the pipe and it is a confirmed shooter. I used it to take a small doe (70lbs) this year from a treestand at 244 yards. Pass through on both front shoulders. So far I have had it out to 400 yards and made a first shot hit on a 4x6" steel plate.

The barreled action is a Savage Custom Shop special order. Essentially it is a Model 12 Long Range Precision Target Action, Detachable Box Magazine, the Target Red Blade Accutrigger that is adjustable from 6 ounces - 2.5 lbs, (currently set at 11.4 ounces but I can adjust to any desired pull), 18" Target Contour barrel, threaded and suppressor ready and finished in matte carbon steel. All work was done at Savage at the time of the build.

The chassis is a Mcree Precision G5 Tmag Folder with 7 slot pic rail attachment for a bipod. I also have the Mcree Rear Stock Kit, Rear Monopod rail adapator. I had the Night Vision kit on the rifle but the screws Mcree supplies are a bit too short and stripped out in the forend, so I have since removed the NV mount and just sunk all the screws back in the forend as seen in the pictures. I wasn't really crazy about the looks of that kit on the front of the rifle anyway. I will throw in the NV kit with the rifle though.

The bases are top notch Ken Farell, as are the rings.

Scope is Bushnell Elite 3.5-21x G-2 DMR in First Focal Plane with the awesome G-2 reticle.

I have another one of these rifles built in a Single Shot (right bolt, left port), .243 with a .22" barrel that shoots Factory lightweight 58g Winchester Varmint X to 1/4 MOA all day long, and that is with the crappy factory stock. These rifles are shooters, period. It's one of the only factory action/barrel combos that can compete, and win, in F class competition right out of the box.

The barreled action is valued at around $1250 from the Savage Custom Shop.
The Chassis and Accessories with 5 Rd Mag cost $994 directly from Mcree Precision.
The scope is $1248 at Optics Planet.
Rings/Bases are $285 from Ken Farrell.

So, total value of this package is $3777 IF you pinched every penny and waited 6 months or more.

REDUCED:

I will sell complete, minus the bipod, for $2777 FIRM. I am saving you $1000 plus a LOT of wait time, and you get a rifle that is already a proven shooter, not something that you get 100 rounds into to find out its a dud. NO TRADES, DON'T ASK.

If you want just the rifle and chassis w/ pic base, I will do $1625 or include the rings for $1790.

If you are interested in the barreled action or chassis only, PM me. Shown suppressed in last pic, suppressor obviously not included.

Pictures:

20150424_165115-jpg.424694

20150424_165017-jpg.424695

20150424_165009-jpg.424696

20150424_164938-jpg.424697

View attachment 618453

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom