• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Finnish M39 Sniper

YaDaddy

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-finnish-m39-sniper.2229964/
Item Name: FS Finnish M39 Sniper

Zip Code: 30066

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 1300

Caliber: 7.62x54R

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Don't bother with an I'll take it or sending your phone number for direct texting outside of PM. Confirmation of purchasing requirements and a commitment to meeting details is required via PM before I will text directly with you and/or SPM the ad.)

Relax, it’s not one of the sub 800 actual Finnish M39 snipers that were built, but it occupies the same space (roughly). This is one of the best M39 rifles I have ever, seen, touched, fired. Definitely the most beautiful. It’s all matching and it’s paired (stencil matched) with a Polish PU scope. Not the “correct” scope, but it fits the rifles Russian lineage and looks. It’s my understanding that this pairing was an Inter Ordnance build. (My memory may or may not be serving me well on that one.) I bought this gun from Empire Arms 10 plus years ago and it went to the range once for sight in and pumpkin assassination. It’s been a safe queen ever since. Well stored for bore preservation, humidity and temperature. Bore is bright and the entire ensemble is in the same overall condition that it was in when I took possession. It’s not perfect. I haven’t given it a detail clean since the one after the range visit firing sub 50 rounds of non-corrosive ammo. There’s some dust, the glass could be cleaned a bit, but the scope is clear. It will need another sight in after an unfortunate “Hey what do these knobs do?” episode. I’m going to call it NRA very good condition, but that’s mostly due to the typical rifle storage dings in the stock that were present when I bought it. After a good detail clean I wouldn’t be surprised if it was rated NRA fine on its way to excellent. The bluing is definitely in the excellent category. I see no signs of wear in that area. Due to its rarity (even as a repro) I’m tempted to take this one to the web, but I’m real keen on happy buyers and this one is complicated enough that there’s no way I can do a 100% representation in this format, so I prefer only to take money from someone who can examine the unit first hand.

Price is $1300 in a FTF cash sale, need the money, so I'm not looking for trades.

Purchasing requirements:
This one is going to a legal GA gun buying resident with valid GADL for me to check at the meet.

If you live further away from the Atlanta Metro area than you are willing to travel, then please check with me first.

Pictures:

The original glamour shot from Empire Arms.
7b7d5d40-a3b1-4661-a927-7d49b1059a4d-jpeg.2599164

3c815938-24b2-4cb0-acd6-37a16c02c13c-jpeg.2599166

b160b236-172c-4b44-a125-d7b319f9c9eb-jpeg.2599167

View attachment 2599201

View attachment 2599202

Back
Top Bottom