• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT A Pair of Marlins

sender6

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-a-pair-of-marlins.1059778/
Item Name: FS/FT A Pair of Marlins

Zip Code: 30183

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $600 and $650
Trade Value or Items Looking For: See below.

Caliber: 35 Remington & 45-70 Government

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Hi,
The time has come to part with a pair of my Marlin lever actions. I just don't use them and have a expensive shotgun habit. The first is a 336A model in 35 Remington, 24 inch barrel, 2/3 magazine. Date of manufacture is 1953. This rifle will include a original Bausch & Lomb Balvar scope and Kuharsky Brothers mount. For those not familiar, this was is a US made B&L scope, made in Rochester, NY. 2.5 X 8 variable power with a 42mm objective lense and tapered cross hairs. The scope is mated with an externally adjustable mount and this is the only combination for this set up. The scope is clear, bright , and in near perfect condition. The rifle was NOT originally tapped for a scope, but is tapped 8-40 with correct spacing for more "modern" scope mounts. I don't know who tapped it, but they did a professional job. It is not currently mounted, I set it on the reciever for the picture. The rifle is in excellent condition for its age, and still very accurate. I also have 80 rds of Hornady ammunition.

The second rifle is a 1895G Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70. Date of manufacture was 1998. It is ported, has XS sights and I have the originals as well. It has exceptionally good wood for a newer rifle, and excellent metal. It is a field gun, so it is not" like new", but rust and ding free. If you are up for it, it will throw a 500 gr hardcast bullet at 1600 fps. The original buffalo load was a 405gr lead bullet at around 1300 fps.

I might trade, just ask. I am currently in the marked for a DBAL.

Pm me if you want to talk, and thanks.

Pictures:
imgp0407-jpg.605394

imgp0408-jpg.605396

imgp0410-jpg.605397

Last edited:
Sir-

I was wondering if you might be interested in trading the marlins for a Browning BAR 7mm mag. It's an FN made model.

I have recently become interested in lever actions and have been looking at 35Rem and 45-70 expressly.

I can send pictures if you'd like. I'm also in Canton.

Lance

Lance,
That is a tempting offer, but I have a Ruger #1 in 7mm Rem Mag already. That is a exceptionally nice rifle though and I bet it won't last long if you post it.

Back
Top Bottom