• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT M1A SUPER MATCH

Lionheart

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
En vino veritas
Reaction score
IMG_9017.jpeg
IMG_9003.jpeg

2014 limited issue model (9104). Don’t see many of these around anymore in this LNIB condition…in the factory hardcase with all paperwork.
Also includes sling and bipod. It does have the factory bedded McMillan stock ($700 upgrade).
Thought I would give ODT family a chance at this before it goes to Snipers Hide or M14 forums.
I would consider partial trades but mostly looking for cash.
You won’t find a cleaner one to add to your collection or a better one to shoot in your next match…

Might mention that the gas system is not adjustable (on or off) on these also.

Outstanding rifles in my opinion. I have one left in a walnut stock in the box. Rarely shoot it anymore.

Might mention that the gas system is not adjustable (on or off) on these also.

Outstanding rifles in my opinion. I have one left in a walnut stock in the box. Rarely shoot it anymore.
Thanks for the comment. I am not very knowledgeable about this rifle or the M1A platform.
I took this on trade knowing that a SUPER MATCH in LNIB condition had to be something that the M1A folks would appreciate.
I have had a hard time finding one of these currently for sale or in a Gunbroker sold ad to help me with value.
If I’m off then please let me know…I’d prefer to sell here vs having to ship and I’ll make price reflective of that.

Full disclosure folks…im not sure how to price this gun at a fair value. I’m trying to price it $100 or so less than you can buy one online after taking into account shipping, tax and/or dealer transfer fees.
Problem is I can’t find another one like this for sale…
So, here is my reasoning behind my asking price:
M1A models seem to be going as follows:
Standard models in the $1500+/- range…. Loaded models in the $1600-$1700 range…. SOCOM and Scout Squad models in the $1700-$1900 range…and finally the National Match models in the $2k+ range.

The wood stock versions of the SUPER MATCH seem to go in the $2500 range…and I know the McMillan stock added about $700 to the MSRP.
So theoretically my gun should go for about $3200?
I think the MSRP was over that when new?
So being LNIB it should bring a few hundred dollars less than new?
The wrinkle in my pricing thoughts is that the gun is discontinued by Springfield.
Should that add value or is it too soon yet for that premium?
My cards are the table here folks…y’all M1A experts feel free to chime in - you won’t hurt my feelings lol.
The guy I talked to at Springfield called the gun a “medium collectible” version lol.
He said some of the older named gunsmith models were more desirable but that most of those had lots of rounds down the barrels…
He thought this gun would only appreciate in value going forward and that it was a desirable shooter today,
Comments encouraged!

Back
Top Bottom