• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT Steyr AUG A3 w/ 16 mags

Troy3267

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
This gun is great, but I never get around to shooting it and I've got the itch for something new so here it is. Steyr AUG A3 in FDE (or MUD, as Steyr calls it). Comes with the factory waffle mag as well as 15 AUG pattern gen 3 windowed Pmags. The optic in the first picture is no longer on it, I have recently put a Trijicon Accupoint TR-25 1-6x in a 1.93 height ADM mount on it as you can see by the second pic. I've shot 300 rounds through the gun between the 4 range trips with it. To be completely honest, this gun was an impulse buy because I watched Die Hard too many times. It's a great shooting rifle, trigger is the best bullpup trigger I've felt. Really accurate and smooth shooting.

Mainly looking to trade for high end ARs. KAC, LMT, LWRC, Hodge, etc. Can add cash to the right trade. I'd also add cash for a SR25, but please don't flood my inbox with your Aero, PSA, and Armalite AR10s. Additionally, I'm a fan of nice 2011s. I don't need to get rid of this whatsoever, I'm honestly just bored and got the trading itch again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220905_171516.jpg
    Screenshot_20220905_171516.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 269
  • Picsart_22-09-05_17-14-54-066.jpg
    Picsart_22-09-05_17-14-54-066.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 258
"IMHO" means an opinion. But now that you bring it up, yes there are differences:
-No bolt release on the NATO
-One disconnect bar instead of two. some say a bit worse trigger pull on the NATO but I don't know that from experience, I just know there is the difference.
-No way to convert to left hand eject with the NATO.
-Then another opinion: A better resale value on the non-nato mag version from what I've seen, most of us purists love the waffle mags, esp the 42 rounder.

Sorry to hijack your thread Troy, nice rifle!!

guys, I had no nato and nato, and still have Nato and trigger is great and never EVER EVER malfunction.. Yes, no realese button, but charging handle is perfectly double duty. It's a matter of preference. And BTW, the military used version is nato

guys, I had no nato and nato, and still have Nato and trigger is great and never EVER EVER malfunction.. Yes, no realese button, but charging handle is perfectly double duty. It's a matter of preference. And BTW, the military used version is nato
Bro, just because the one single NATO version you used didn't have issues doesn't mean they aren't prone to issues. And you're gonna need to cite your sources on "the military used version is nato", since the only military to use it is the Irish which uses the A1 and upgraded the housing to an A3 so the can have a top rail, and Australia which has used it since the 70s. Even IF Australia switched to the NATO, it would have happened extremely recently.

man, I understand that you want to sell your proprietary version of the rifle, but for that you don't have to throw potshots on the same rifle in sligh different configuration, after all it's reconfigurable. I like your rifle... but who told you that proprietary version is "more reliable", so speaking of sources? I'd say that Steyr switched to NATO version because it is better, more reliable one. I had the rifle you have and it does suffer from magazine related issues, so I sold it. It could be as you mentioned a rifle specific problems, but again I never had it on my nato Aug. GLWS, its a good rifle, after all it's Steyr, and it's awesome

Back
Top Bottom