• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FT Marlin .22 S/L/LR Model 81-DL Bolt action, Tube fed, Lyman peep type target sight.

eli'sbook

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
N. E. Henry County between Stockbridge & Conyers
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...ube-fed-lyman-peep-type-target-sight.1849907/
Item Name: FOR SALE OR TRADE

Zip Code: Marlin 81-DL Bolt action, Tube fed .22 rifle with Lyman peep type target style rear sight.

Item is for: SALE OR TRADE, Make me an Cash Offer or let me know what you may have for trade !!

Trade Value or Items Looking For: What'cha got for trade ??

Caliber: .22 short, .22 long & .22 long rifle

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: The Marlin 81-DL Bolt action, Tube fed .22 rifle with Lyman peep type target style rear sight. This rifle model was manufactured from 1941 to about 1964. This gun appears to be WWII era because it has a Bakelite trigger guard, which is consistent with the period. Model 81's were not serial numbered so the best way to narrow down the date of manufacture is by the rifle's features. Rifles manufactured W.W.II era had a plastic type trigger guard. Post-war guns and rifles manufactured after 1957 had a walnut Monte Carlo half-stock and a more streamlined trigger guard. This rifle shoots .22 SHORT, LONG AND LONG RIFLE cartridges, regular and high speed. Described Features are; Quick release trigger, self-cocking action, side ejection, Off and On safety, with an American Walnut stock, Open sight & Sling Strap swivels and Tubular magazine which holds 18-25 rounds according to a 1948 Marlin print ad where it was priced new $26.95 and I'd think it is worth around $180.00 give or take a few bucks in today's world. Overall condition is fair, blue is worn with some very mild pitting and deterioration on barrel, smooth action, bore good, stock good. A vintage oldie that should pile up plenty of game - it's time for some Squirrel with Dumplings on a cold winter day !!!

Send me a private message with your cash or trade offers - thanks !!!

Pictures:
nikon-sd-card-pics-001-jpg.1839102

nikon-sd-card-pics-002-jpg.1839103

nikon-sd-card-pics-003-jpg.1839105

nikon-sd-card-pics-004-jpg.1839106

Back
Top Bottom