• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FT Remington 597 .22 semi-auto with scope and sling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgia Terrapin

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...97-22-semi-auto-with-scope-and-sling.1866052/
Item Name: FT Remington 597 .22 semi-auto with scope and sling

Zip Code: 30114

Item is for: Trade Only
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Shotgun

Caliber: .22LR

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: For Trade Only: Remington 597 .22 semi-auto with scope

Trade Value: $125.00 - $150.00

Wanted: Shotgun

Trade in or near Canton or Woodstock, please, although I might be near Newnan or Peachtree City next weekend (no guarantee about that part). My schedule makes it hard to go farther.

I won a Henry Golden Boy .22 in a church auction (God Bless America!), and I only need one .22 rifle. But my only working shotgun is more than 100 years old, and I’d like something of more recent vintage. I’d prefer a 12 gauge coach gun, but I’m open to offers in both style and gauge. Side-by-side, over-under, pump, semi-auto. I just don’t want a single shot shotgun. We can discuss extra cash for the shotgun, just not too much.

The rifle is lightly used as a trap-line and occasional squirrel-hunting gun. I might have fired 200 rounds through it.

It comes as bought new from Dick’s Sporting Good, with scope (it does have iron sights also). One lens cover has been lost. I added the leather sling, it has three magazines, and I floated the barrel. I also added the paracord inside the butt stock so I could keep a bore snake in there and access it in the field. You’ll see it in the photo. I’m keeping the bore snake. You can put your own in there or anything or nothing.

I'll throw in a zip-lock bag of practice ammo but I won't count it. It'll be more than 50 rounds.

For those who don’t know (and that might be me, because I got my information from the internet), floating the barrel involves sanding down the inside of the forearm so the barrel doesn’t touch it when it expands from heat, thus retaining its accuracy after many rounds have been fired. I’ve never fired enough rounds to test the theory.

Current market price seems to range from about $165 to $199 without the sling, and without the scope depending on where you buy it.

Thanks,
GT

Pictures:
img_4759-jpeg.1742395

img_4760-jpeg.1742396

img_4761-jpeg.1742397

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom